Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum

Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum (https://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/forums/)
-   Recommended Products (https://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/forums/recommended-products/)
-   -   Bugslide (https://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/forums/recommended-products/353121-bugslide.html)

singlebeam 04-10-2018 09:53 PM

Bugslide

I bought this stuff and I am very pleased with it. My bike seems to stay clean longer due to using bugslide. I applied it several times the first week or two but I don't apply it near as often now. Finally got a good coat on the bike. I've tried Meguiars detailer and several other cleaning/detailing products but I prefer this one. It's not cheap but I think it's worth it. Just my opinion, your results/opinion may vary/differ...

kd5cqt 04-10-2018 09:58 PM

I had been using Bug Slide during the 2 seasons we get each year with those effbugs, and it is great just for that. A couple of weeks ago, we rode over to Alabama, and when parked, the bike next to mine literally glowed. All he uses is Bug Slide. So I got home and gave the scooter a good bath and then Bug Slide. Really makes a difference.

tommytailspin 04-10-2018 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by singlebeam (Post 6959297)
I bought this stuff and I am very pleased with it. My bike seems to stay clean longer due to using bugslide. I applied it several times the first week or two but I don't apply it near as often now. Finally got a good coat on the bike. I've tried Meguiars detailer and several other cleaning/detailing products but I prefer this one. It's not cheap but I think it's worth it. Just my opinion, your results/opinion may vary/differ...

do you use it to remove bugs or after?

singlebeam 04-10-2018 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommytailspin (Post 6959361)
do you use it to remove bugs or after?

Both. I applied it after a wash job several times and I have used it after being covered in bugs. I carried it with me to California and kept the bike looking fresh with Bugslide.

tommytailspin 04-10-2018 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by singlebeam (Post 6959393)
Both. I applied it after a wash job several times and I have used it after being covered in bugs. I carried it with me to California and kept the bike looking fresh with Bugslide.

thanks beam. every one i have talked to likes it. i just didn;t think to ask how to use it. i've been using detailer. i will get some and give it a try.:grin

Kainam 04-10-2018 11:53 PM

There you go again, helping us spend our money on stuff we didn't even know we needed.

Got me for a bottle.

Would have been a good time of year to set up a group buy.

SoftailBilly 04-11-2018 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kainam (Post 6959545)
There you go again, helping us spend our money on stuff we didn't even know we needed.

Got me for a bottle.

Hey its a HD Brian. Be happy you got away with under $100. :wink

loubob 04-11-2018 03:27 AM

We get tons of "Love Bugs" down here and if you leave them on for long they etch the paint. Bugslide and microfiber cloth are always in my bike in the summer. Good stuff.

silvereagle50 04-11-2018 08:45 AM

So you using this stuff all over the bike?
Ive used it for years on the windshield and maybe a quick clean of fairing, but never all over the whole bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

singlebeam 04-11-2018 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvereagle50 (Post 6960361)
So you using this stuff all over the bike?
Ive used it for years on the windshield and maybe a quick clean of fairing, but never all over the whole bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fairing, windshield, tank, fenders....