Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum

Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum (https://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/forums/)
-   Recommended Products (https://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/forums/recommended-products/)
-   -   Love It! Lucas Slick Mist Speed Wax (https://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/forums/recommended-products/360219-love-lucas-slick-mist-speed-wax.html)

Louisville Joe 08-13-2018 09:20 AM

Love It! Lucas Slick Mist Speed Wax

Someone recently gave me a bottle of the Lucas Slick Mist. Cleaned up my bike yesterday using my usual method of wiping one area with a damp microfiber cloth and then drying that area with another microfiber cloth then moving on the next area. After I do all the painted areas I use the same cloths to do the chrome. Dang seldom do I ever need to get out the washbucket, hose, etc. So, I finally tried the Lucas stuff. Says you can spray it on either wet or dry surfaces, can use it in the sun, safe for all paint, chrome, plastic, etc.

Wow! Spray a fine mist on an area and wipe dry with a microfiber cloth. Easy peasy. And it gives you a shine & gloss like I've never seen before. My bike already had a nice coat of wax on it so I don't know if the Lucas stuff would have worked as well on an unwaxed bike or not but the gloss the Lucas stuff gave me is noticeably better than the gloss after I wax the bike. I'm hooked!

Further, the label states the Lucas stuff will make it more difficult for dirt & bugs to adhere--we will see about that part.

In the past I have used a Meguiar's and also a Turtle Wax type of spray cleaner/detailer/wax/etc. but for whatever (long time ago) reason(s) they didn't impress me enough to continue using them. But, IMHO, this Lucas stuff is great!

bambambam 08-25-2018 12:02 PM

This is the only product that I use on my bike.It is easy to use on paint,chrome and even the windshield.The exhaust comes out shiny with little effort.

wizardfitz 03-13-2019 01:08 PM

+1 on Lucas slick mist. I use it on my bike and the wifes slingshot.

Ddaddyo 03-13-2019 03:45 PM

Thanks for the heads up!

jpassh2o 03-13-2019 07:11 PM

Bought a jug, be trying it.... worked good on truck wheels.....

loubob 03-13-2019 09:37 PM

Hmmmm been a S100 fan, but I'm gonna give this a try.

tekslk 03-14-2019 04:10 AM

S100 still great especially after a ride in the rain.

jpassh2o 03-14-2019 05:46 AM

I've been partial to Bug Slide..... but expensive! Works well though.....

Louisville Joe 03-14-2019 06:32 AM

S100 has been mentioned and I use S100 myself. Sometimes. Once in a while when I do get the hose out I spray my motor area with S100 and quickly rinse, may even do it twice. Yes, it cleans very well. And some time ago I watched a S100 video and the guy sprayed down his WHOLE BIKE, including his seat, with S100. But make no mistake about it S100 WILL strip your wax off. If you don't wax your bike that's no big deal. And I like my bike not only clean but also shiny. :smile A good coat of quality wax gives me a nice glossy sheen, makes the color really pop in the sunlight and I can see my reflection when I get close to the tank. But a good coat of wax takes time and the Lucas spray mist is SOOOO much faster to apply and gives me a glossier finish than any wax I've ever used. I may never use regular wax again....