Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum

Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum (https://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/forums/)
-   Recommended Products (https://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/forums/recommended-products/)
-   -   Products That have impressed (https://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/forums/recommended-products/361861-products-have-impressed.html)

tlg1100 11-27-2018 11:52 PM

Products That have impressed

This mourning I knew i was gonna be out in the cold or in a cold shed for most of the day working.

Knowing the cold day ahead I decide to grab this gift I received five-six years ago and never used.

A Stanley Classic Thermos, Big freakin deal right! :laughing

I follow direction that came with thermos and put in some hot chocolate, Usually after one large coffee I'm done with it, so I figure I can sip on hot chocolate all day even though I don't really get into hot chocolate.

The thermos is kinda wrapped up around a some old jacket and in the bed of a pick-up while I'm working, the temp started out around 20 degrees and was 27 around noon.

At noon I open the thermos and that hot coco was as hot as it was this morning, almost to hot to drink..LOL

I didn't get another drink of it until 3:45 P.M and the stuff was still very hot, same thing around 7:30.

Just poured out the last remaining bit of hot coco after taking a small drink..still hot..

I told this to a friend of mine who said a long time ago he had one with glass inside and he said they were better back then?

Not much.... but I really was impressed by this thermos.

harvey13118 11-28-2018 06:45 AM

I use the Hydro-Flask products. Fits in my cup holder 18oz stays hot for hours even on a cold ride.

J F Go 11-28-2018 07:34 AM

They claim that the Yete products are extremely good for keeping things hot or cold. Don't own any myself but my brother swears by em.

big [email protected] 11-28-2018 07:38 AM

Yup I Agreed those are great Thermos I still have the one I bought 30 years ago I also bought one of the ones with the wide mouth for soups or goulash and Such. If your coffee Thermos gets stained in side get some Wink coffee pot cleaner It will make it look like new inside it will remove that Nasty looking Brown crud.

big [email protected] 11-28-2018 07:42 AM

I love that they made a Bunn Home unit . I've had one for ever 12 cups of coffee in 5 mins Or less God I Love it and under a Hundred Bucks. Sure beats the Hell out of a Mr. Coffee

Kainam 11-28-2018 10:20 AM

I have a couple of those double wall insulated items at work. The jumbo mug I use for ice water will still have ice in it the next day. :thumb

Also have a double wall koozie for when I have a can of coke etc.

FLYING TIGER 11-28-2018 10:48 AM

Products that impress, all things Under Armour, coldgear- heatgear, all excellent.

DaBreeze 11-28-2018 11:13 AM

Second New England vote for Yeti products...:smile

big [email protected] 11-28-2018 11:25 AM

A friend From the Forum sent me a 30 oz Yeti cup this is a great way to keep things Hot Or cold

Louisville Joe 11-28-2018 11:40 AM

Several folks have mentioned Yeti products. I hear they are good. But...., there was a recent "stink" about how anti-gun that company is. If I already had a Yeti product I guess I would continue using it WITH a NRA bumper sticker placed over the logo. But I ain't gonna buy no stinkin' Yeti product these days.

But you all have made me have one of those "I could have had a V-8" moments. Often times when I go for one of those "no particular destination in mind" rides I stop somewhere for a cup of over-priced coffee. I have a couple of old (30+ years or so old) Thermos bottles I haven't used since my deer hunting days. And most days after my wife and I have had our fill of morning coffee there will still be 1-3 cups left in the carafe--sometimes in the afternoon I might pour a cup of the leftover brew and microwave it back up to temp and it's still pretty good.

I'm gonna start re-heating some leftover brew and putting it in a Thermos bottle to toss in my tour pak on the next leisurely afternoon ride to nowhere in particular. Yeah, I'll be able to stop anywhere I want to stretch my legs, pee, have a smoke and a hot cup of coffee. :smile