Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum

Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum (https://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/forums/)
-   Trans/Primary (https://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/forums/trans-primary/)
-   -   Can't find Neutral on new bike. (https://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/forums/trans-primary/365733-cant-find-neutral-new-bike.html)

EazyE 08-05-2019 04:53 PM

Can't find Neutral on new bike.

Hello, picked up a new 19 sport glide. The original dealer is not an option as they are out of state and also have given me nothing but problems from giving me wrong keys, parts and not even bothering to setup the security system but that's for another topic. It's my first harley and it has been next to impossible to find neutral. I put about 50 miles on it and never could get to neutral at a stop or from 1st gear. Even tested in an empty parking lot and could never get it. The only time I could get it was coming to a stop from 2nd. Any idea why?

Rustyg 08-05-2019 07:32 PM

Find another Harley dealer close to where you now live and let them wrestle with the issue. Any Harley dealer can and will honor the warranty

Ddaddyo 08-05-2019 07:55 PM

Give it a few thousand miles, it's NEW! It will get better.

Thunder~Struck 08-05-2019 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rustyg (Post 7299899)
Find another Harley dealer close to where you now live and let them wrestle with the issue. Any Harley dealer can and will honor the warranty

⬆️True.⬆️
⬇️True too.⬇️ (probably)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ddaddyo (Post 7299913)
Give it a few thousand miles, it's NEW! It will get better.

SoftailBilly 08-06-2019 02:32 AM

As much as new ones are going for now, should find neutral by itself.

Smoketown$1 08-06-2019 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoftailBilly (Post 7299947)
As much as new ones are going for now, should find neutral by itself.

It usually does ... While making the "grand exit" ... Right there in front of everyone ... :wink

Cheers,
Smoketown

big [email protected] 08-06-2019 05:48 AM

I'd take it back And have them Check it out might need Clutch adjusted Or might be some thing More to it . Have it check out soon be for you Have bigger Problems.

BigDoo 08-06-2019 07:10 AM

I would not ride it as suggested because it is new.
Because it is new and doing it should be reason to get it checked out as soon as possible.

landry 08-06-2019 07:47 PM

See if you can find neutral while the engine is killed and if you can find it easy it's probably your hydraulic clutch and needs adjusting, bring to dealer as it's still in warranty.

SoftailBilly 08-07-2019 03:37 PM

May try lighter oil Run 10-40 Castrol Syn Motorcycle oil safe for cloches .. Very little 1st. gear crunch. Shifts smooth hot or cold