Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum

Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum (https://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/forums/)
-   Sportster General Discussions (https://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/forums/sportster-general-discussions/)
-   -   1st speeding ticket!! hopefully last! (https://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/forums/sportster-general-discussions/157818-1st-speeding-ticket-hopefully-last.html)

Harley98 04-10-2014 02:44 PM

1st speeding ticket!! hopefully last!

Well rode my sporty last night and on my way home from work got pulled over for speeding!!:mad I was just trying to get out of the blind side of the 2 cars I over took apparently the other car was an unmarked police car! oh well live and learn..hopefully is the last time..funny when he asked what bike i am riding i told him its a 1200 harley and i said "oh its an old 1998" he shined his flash light on the bike and said "hmm doesn't look old at all":

Thunder~Struck 04-10-2014 03:12 PM

Since it`s your hand on the wick.....makes it your choice if it`s your last or not.
Sounds like you may not have let off once you got past them(?). :know

Diezel 04-10-2014 03:16 PM

Damned Sporties lol

Road King is nice and slow. Sometimes.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

4evrhd 04-10-2014 03:31 PM

Sucks......Got to watch for those unmarked cars and ghost graphics slicktops.

My King is always like Ricky Bobby in my ear yelling I WANT TO GO FAST

Thunder~Struck 04-10-2014 03:38 PM

Them low profile light bars they got now sure make spotting even the marked cars at a distance rough.

00FLSTS 04-10-2014 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley98 (Post 2335890)
Well rode my sporty last night and on my way home from work got pulled over for speeding!!:mad I was just trying to get out of the blind side of the 2 cars I over took apparently the other car was an unmarked police car! oh well live and learn..hopefully is the last time..funny when he asked what bike i am riding i told him its a 1200 harley and i said "oh its an old 1998" he shined his flash light on the bike and said "hmm doesn't look old at all":

You've got to have great self-control in your area, for sure. All those open semi-desert spaces. Along the Columbia River on either side of town....just begs ya to open 'er up! I got nailed 1/2 way to Omak once.:eek

Let me guess...you were headed toward Leavenworth?

Ultra Struck 04-10-2014 06:13 PM

Got pulled over in a car once for doing 94 in a 55. Didnt complain much since I was doing 115 before he cought up with me. This was before Arizona had started using radar years ago.

Harley98 04-10-2014 06:21 PM

I was actually just on my way home along wenatchee ave., just did not click that the car in front of me was unmarked..
Quote:

Originally Posted by 00FLSTS (Post 2336226)
You've got to have great self-control in your area, for sure. All those open semi-desert spaces. Along the Columbia River on either side of town....just begs ya to open 'er up! I got nailed 1/2 way to Omak once.:eek

Let me guess...you were headed toward Leavenworth?

Harley98 04-10-2014 06:24 PM

yap! I just went to 3rg gear while i was passing them, he said i was doing 52 on a 30 , he was probably right, good thing he only sighted me for just going 10 over the speed limit..
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunder~Struck (Post 2336010)
Since it`s your hand on the wick.....makes it your choice if it`s your last or not.
Sounds like you may not have let off once you got past them(?). :know

mojodad 04-10-2014 10:13 PM

I was followed the entire way through the town of Farmers Branch (Dallas suburb) on Wednesday. I always go the speed limit through this town on the way to 635 but this guy was checking me out hard! Guess that's "the only" downfall of loud pipes.