No Start, No fuel pump - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

No Start, No fuel pump

Just picked up a 2008 Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic. The bike will not start, and I do not hear the fuel pump kick in. also there in not power at the 15 amp fuse for the fuel pump. Not sure if that is the problem though as that fuse may get power after a relay closes? fuse is good. Any other ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-09-2013, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

No start, no spark, no fuel pump.

working on my 2008 screaming eagle ultra classic that I just got. Engine is a no start. I do not hear the fuel pump kick also checked spark and am not getting spark. checked fuses and all have power except no power at fuel pump fuse. Tried to pull codes on speedo display. when the display is supposed to display "diag" all I get is "iag" also on the next step is does not show the identifier for the efi module, does show the rest. I presume possibly that location us burned out on the display. if I try to read the codes for efi hold in the button when the identifier for efi should be flashing even though it does not show I get the display of "no ref" Appears to me that I am having a problem with efi power supply???? would like to know how to check power and grounds for the efi module? Or any other thoughts?
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 05:52 AM

No Start, No fuel pump

Mark, i know you have a problem and want a fix quick but you may find that posting in the new member area first and reading the forum rules will get you a better response to the 2 posts you have made on the same subject, hope this helps

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 07:20 AM
Retired citizen

Garage
How are you testing the voltage at the fuel pump fuse ? That fuse only sees voltage for 3 seconds or unless the engine is running. After turning the ignition on without starting the engine the pump will only activate for 3 seconds.
What about the rest of the electrical system ? Lights work etc. ?
Try tightening the battery cables and make sure the battery static volts is at least 12.8v.

Disclaimer : Don't believe anything I say unless you are absolutely sure that I know what I'm talking about .
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 07:28 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlideWide View Post
Mark, i know you have a problem and want a fix quick but you may find that posting in the new member area first and reading the forum rules will get you a better response to the 2 posts you have made on the same subject, hope this helps
Ain't that annoying?

Kinda like when going on a trip and a kid goes: "Are we there yet?... Are we there yet?... Are we there yet?..."

Mala Ipsa Nova
Psalm 144:1 Luke 22:36

'05 Carbed Night Train
111 rwhp, 112 rwtq
Best 1/4 ET 12.557s
Best 1/4 MPH 108.59

http://weathersticker.wunderground.c...ansas_City.gif
post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 07:58 AM

My first thouth is the kill switch, only cause I did that once and and went through all of the same crap until it dawned on me. I was in a hurry.
post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

Sorry for the double post. My first post in this fuel system forum is in regards to the fuel pump not kickin in at key on. As I continued testing and learned how to check codes, found no spark also, and found that I don't believe the efi module is communicating. I thought that post would fall under electrical??? At any rate I will check power at the 15 amp fuel pump fuse at key on. Yes, the run/stop switch is in the run position. I to have fell victim to that in the past.....
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 09:50 AM
Retired citizen

Garage
To test the volts at the fuse you'll need to have the tester leads hooked up prior to turning the ignition on because it'll only show a measurement for 3 seconds.
If battery static volts measure 11.6v or less with the ignition on the ECM won't energize the system.

Disclaimer : Don't believe anything I say unless you are absolutely sure that I know what I'm talking about .
post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

am not getting any voltage at the 15 amp fuse at key on, also have battery charger on while testing. engine cranks at good speed. are there more powers and grounds at the battery then just the main positive and negative battery cables?
post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

testing with blue point multimeter, negiative clapmed on battery negative, and positing on the back of the fuse, then turning key on. 0v displayed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in