How do I turn off my Boombox Nav. system? - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2017, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

How do I turn off my Boombox Nav. system?

picked up a 2016 RGU last weekend. Nice! Been reading the Boombox manual, yesterday in garage found out I could turn on GPS/NAV. systems and keep playing music. Great! But, going for a ride today, damn system interrupts music saying "Turn left 300 yards, turn right, recalculating, etc., etc., etc.). Book tells how to turn the NAV. system on--push the damn button, but I can't find how to turn it off. Manual says you can turn off/on navigation prompts by checking or unchecking the ENABLE NAV PROMPTS by going to HOME then SETUP then FEEDBACK SETTINGS. I have checked and unchecked the ENABLE NAV PROMPTS then pulled out of the driveway and again I hear "Turn left...., etc.". Can't find anywhere in book that says how to just turn the system off. Pushing the NAV button I used to turn it on with yesterday doesn't turn it off.

Can someone help me figure out how to turn this MF off?

Thanks.
slingshot383 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2017, 01:39 PM

Garage
Joe...when seeing the map on your screen there is a small box on the right side with horizontal lines...touch it and a menu will come up...it will say something like end nav or stop nav...or something to that affect...touch it and it will ask to verify to end the route it's seeing. Let me know if this works for ya...I'm just saying this from memory. I can go turn mine on and go through it with ya if you're still havin' problems!
Radar, slingshot383, JLR and 1 others like this.

2015 Electra Glide Ultra Classic
2007 Softail Standard
USAF Veteran
Central Texas PGR
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2017, 02:00 PM

This might be glitch with all Boom Aufio e/Nav because I have the same problem. I gave Nav a shot and kept interrupting background music (I always have music playing while riding) so I stopped using the Navigation for now

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
slingshot383 likes this.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2017, 02:20 PM
Mississippi Cajun

You should be able to disable the NAV voice directions.
slingshot383 likes this.

USAF Veteran, PGR Member, Retired Old Fart! 2015 Electraglide Ultra Limited

Hey, immigrants: Learning English and assimilation to American culture is NOT a suggestion!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2017, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
Joe...when seeing the map on your screen there is a small box on the right side with horizontal lines...touch it and a menu will come up...it will say something like end nav or stop nav...or something to that affect...touch it and it will ask to verify to end the route it's seeing. Let me know if this works for ya...I'm just saying this from memory. I can go turn mine on and go through it with ya if you're still havin' problems!
Jimmers, I definitely owe you a couple of cold ones. Found the horizontal lines for the menu on the map screen, brought up the menu and pushed STOP. Then took the bike for a few laps with lots of turns through the neighborhood and that "Recalculating Bit*h" never uttered a word to interrupt my music. Yesterday in the garage was the first time I played with the NAV system and I guess I turned it on and didn't know it--till I started riding today and she was trying to direct me somewhere but I have no idea where. Will have to go in and delete/erase all the previous owner's routes.

Thank you thank you thank you!
Breeze3at and slingshot383 like this.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2017, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iridealot80 View Post
This might be glitch with all Boom Aufio e/Nav because I have the same problem. I gave Nav a shot and kept interrupting background music (I always have music playing while riding) so I stopped using the Navigation for now

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd5cqt View Post
You should be able to disable the NAV voice directions.
Yeah, guys, you can go in to SET UP and check or uncheck the selection for voice prompts, and I did that. But then my music was frequently interrupted by one or two or three seconds of silence so the "Recalculating Bit*h" was still trying to play through my music but she wasn't able to but the music I guess didn't know her voice was cut out.

This technology is gonna be the deatjh of me yet!
slingshot383 likes this.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-10-2017, 04:20 PM
Mississippi Cajun

Mine did that originally, but I believe they installed an update that stopped it.
slingshot383 likes this.

USAF Veteran, PGR Member, Retired Old Fart! 2015 Electraglide Ultra Limited

Hey, immigrants: Learning English and assimilation to American culture is NOT a suggestion!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-11-2017, 07:26 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville Joe View Post
Jimmers, I definitely owe you a couple of cold ones. Found the horizontal lines for the menu on the map screen, brought up the menu and pushed STOP. Then took the bike for a few laps with lots of turns through the neighborhood and that "Recalculating Bit*h" never uttered a word to interrupt my music. Yesterday in the garage was the first time I played with the NAV system and I guess I turned it on and didn't know it--till I started riding today and she was trying to direct me somewhere but I have no idea where. Will have to go in and delete/erase all the previous owner's routes.

Thank you thank you thank you!
Good deal Joe...glad I could help!
kd5cqt, Breeze3at and slingshot383 like this.

2015 Electra Glide Ultra Classic
2007 Softail Standard
USAF Veteran
Central Texas PGR
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 07:41 PM

Go to "Home" then "Setup" then "Speaker/Headset" at "Prompts" select headphone. Problem solved the nav will no longer interrupt your music.
slingshot383 likes this.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:18 PM

Joe - download the most recent version of audio flash. It happen to me while I was in Sturgis this past August.
slingshot383 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode