Harley Davidson Forums banner

What did you do on or to your bike today? (Part II)

936K views 16K replies 343 participants last post by  BramptonRob1958 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I'll go first.... Last night, I did the 40K service on my 16 cvo rgu. Changed all three holes as I do on every service now.

Way cheaper than letting the dealer do it...

#5 ·
I did some errands this morning. It felt great.!!

#7 ·
When I finished work, it started raining.
We need the rain.
Elvira still looks hot to me. The honeymoon continues.

#9 ·
Looked for a new rear brake pedal that I can mount my brass "Oh Sh*t" pedal cover to. Seems to be kind of scarce. :dunno

#10 ·
Let's call this, "Cricket's Garage". I just walked past my scooter in Cricket's garage, cause I was too busy painting my dining room and laundry room today.:laugh:rollin Just funnin' with ya, Cricket. Ur ok, I'm ok.:wink

Reactions: Settertude
#12 ·
Ordered a new headlight in the hopes of ridding my radio of RFI. Then I pulled my seat and tank to clean up some wiring. Tomorrow I'll probably pull the fairing and put ferrite beads on the amp power wires then install the new headlight if it passes my rfi test. Sure hoping to get my radio reception back to normal!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#13 ·
I changed the oil. I was at 3000 miles since my last change.

My biggest new is medical. I got the go-ahead for a hip replacement, so my riding season will end early on 9/18. My bad hip was due to a childhood injury caused by a staff infection I got when I was born. Since about 2012, its really gotten a lot worse - pain-wise. Its hard to move my leg on and off the foot-boards. That has not only made riding painful, its really effected my confidence. I've started to worry about being able to get my leg to the ground when stopping and just being able to hold the motorcycle up.

I'm a little scared cause there's a chance that the staff bacteria is still dormant in the joint and I could end up with a bad infection. The doc says the risk is only slightly greater than normal, but it still bugs me. I know a guy who went in for a routine hip replacement and ended up badly infected and almost died. I know another guy who's in a wheelchair now because of an infected hip replacement. Well, I shouldn't dwell on this negative sh!t. Its gonna turn out like its gonna turn out.

Anyway, I need to get out and get some riding in before September. This fall, I'll be counting on you guys to keep posting tales of your adventures while I recover. God willing, I'll be out riding next spring good as or better than new!

#15 ·
Prayers out for a successful hip replacement.

#24 ·
Too soon! [emoji14]

I just did that but with a much smaller consequence. Had my battery terminals off and the bolt for the negative fell behind my battery. My magnetic grabber is at work so I just had to pull the battery to get it out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: scspartan
#26 ·
Thanks everyone. :smile I appreciate your kind thoughts and prayers.

#37 ·
I'm riding the piss out of mine, 3 days this week I guess,

this morning I took off, did some tasks that had to be done, stopped by Ring of Fire HD to grab a drink and look at some 2019's then headed home

I did take the windshield off for this trip. Totally different bike when you do that. I'm so used to the windshield being on it, it's almost difficult to maneuver in parking lots, but not really. I threw on the Oakley's and cruised down the interstate the few miles necessary, and frankly, I don't see how people travel great distances like that at interstate speed without a full face helmet

Great day to be motorcycling today

#39 ·
If you got a windshield like the one that was on mine, you'd rather ride bare naked at 80 mph without it, than to ride 30 mph with it.

I actually get LESS wind without it, and way better handling. No idea what windshield it is, but it was total crap for sure. Some quick release thing.

For me, wind in my face doesn't much bother me actually. Wearing a full face long distance like that, although I know I should, wears my neck and shoulders out with it's extra weight. I've been lucky so far on long trips, wearing the half, that no rocks have been thrown from tires or something. I probably should just split the difference and tough it out with a 3/4 that has a face shield. I actually had one somewhere...

Once I win the lottery and get a Road Glide though, I won't have to worry about it anymore. :laugh