New Harley Touring Shocks are called what? - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Maxgraphix

New Harley Touring Shocks are called what?

So I stop at the dealership and I see in parts are these new shocks the Harley sells that are $1000.00! The sales guy says these are the best touring shocks ever! Selling tons of em. Well I forgot what their called and cant find em on the Harley website. I wanted to do some research but as I said, forgot what their called! Anybody know? They're gonna have to be really good to be worth a grand!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 06:25 PM

I just looked in the parts catalog. HD still has the "Premium hand adjustables" they have had for years. $549.95 for the pair. I now have my 2nd RG with these shocks and I like them of course you can save close to $100 buying them from one of the dealers that discounts on the Internet but I didn't see any new shocks listed.
slingshot383 likes this.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Maxgraphix

I couldnt find it either. So I called the dealership and its Legend Shocks that u can get right from Harley. Hard to believe they are a grand!
slingshot383 likes this.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 04:01 AM
Viet Nam 69/70

Garage
I don't think you can beat the Progressive 444HD, unless you want to go to air ride with a compressor, and I'm not so certain there're any good since HD comes with an air shock.
slingshot383 likes this.

Life: VFW, NRA, NYSRPA(NYS Rifle Pistol Association)
2 favorite signs
CAUTION we do not dial 911 first.
DANGER if you are reading this U R in range.

05 FLSTC, 08 FLHTCUSE3

C4 IRONBALLS

C4 2016 Ironbutt 1226 miles 19.5 hours

Retired 1SG US Army

Where Nagalot and I have been on bike
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 04:23 AM
SwampRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey13118 View Post
I don't think you can beat the Progressive 444HD, unless you want to go to air ride with a compressor, and I'm not so certain there're any good since HD comes with an air shock.

Will agree that Progressive 444's are a good bang for the buck, what I have on my Dyna.. But there is better Suspension out there, but will pay a high premium for them ..
slingshot383 likes this.

2005 FXD, Stage 2

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 06:37 AM

Do yourself a favor and look at Ohlins. Had Progressive 440's for a couple years and thought they were much better than stock but the Ohlins are night and day better.
Kainam and slingshot383 like this.

I ain't gonna squash it and you don't need to wash it.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 08:13 AM
Most Wanted

Ohlins, Pro Action, Legend and Bitubo are the cream of the crop. They are pricey and worth every penny. Progressive are marginally better than stock and that ain't sayin much.
slingshot383 and Red Oil Okie like this.

FXDC
SEPST*HP 81.26*TQ 88.49*Stage 1*Rinehart Exhaust*Ness Big Sucker*External Breathers*FL Air Cleaner*Leatherpros FXDXT Bags*Moons MC Moonmaker*Saddlemen Step Up Seat*Windvest*Mobil 1 V Twin 20w50*Amsoil V Twin Primary Fluid*Amsoil V Twin Transmission Fluid
Hades02
That's like not f...ing your woman so that the p*ssy stays fresh and new for the next guy.

FTW
All posts self censored for the hypocrites
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by confederate View Post
Ohlins, Pro Action, Legend and Bitubo are the cream of the crop. They are pricey and worth every penny. Progressive are marginally better than stock and that ain't sayin much.
Exactly
confederate and slingshot383 like this.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 08:10 AM

Have any of you priced after-market shocks at all? Just as expensive, prohibitively so for people who own a bike(s) that aren't 'toys'.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken View Post
Have any of you priced after-market shocks at all? Just as expensive, prohibitively so for people who own a bike(s) that aren't 'toys'.
You get what you pay for I have tried Progressive 944, JRI and now have Pro Action which are the best of those 3 by far. IMHO

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in