Harley-Davidson: 6 things I would like to see on the 2020 Street Glide. - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Harley-Davidson: 6 things I would like to see on the 2020 Street Glide.

English triker and 1/2 Ton like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 04:07 PM

After riding a Goldwing for the past 7yrs before buying my Road Glide Ultra, I can say he has some valid points. My 2012 Wing has remote lockable trunk and saddle bags and the TPMS (tire pressure monitoring.) Now I am getting used to having to physically lock and unlock my tour pack and saddle bags. No big deal, but it would have been nice to have the option of remote locks and TPMS.

USAF 1982-2008
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 04:33 PM
Poser Member # 99

tpms Is not always a great thing My Wife's 2012 Hyundai elantra Limited has it and It has been a Pain in the Azz 6 months after we got it. I've had all the TPMS sensors changes and Not Have it work right 2 twice. I the Light on the Dash has been on most of it's life since we Have had it . So I wouldn't want it for a Option Ever in the Future . Just my 2 cents But that's My World .
uncas and sardonicus87 like this.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 05:00 PM
weird member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by big [email protected] View Post
tpms Is not always a great thing My Wife's 2012 Hyundai elantra Limited has it and It has been a Pain in the Azz 6 months after we got it. I've had all the TPMS sensors changes and Not Have it work right 2 twice. I the Light on the Dash has been on most of it's life since we Have had it . So I wouldn't want it for a Option Ever in the Future . Just my 2 cents But that's My World .
My wife's 2018 CRV is similar sometimes. It'll drop 1 psi in a single tire and go off sometimes. It's a bit aggressive. Plus, it's like, driver linked or something? I dunno, something about weight. Like, can't you just read the PSI? If my wife gains a pound for that time of the month, it'll set off the TPMS even though the tires are all at the correct PSI.

I'm exaggerating a little, but it is very aggressive. Literally a 2 psi drop in one tire and it will light up. And then, you can't just put 2 psi in and it goes off, you have to start the car and go through the infotainment panel and recalibrate it EVERY time.

Kyle
1997 Softail Custom (FXSTC) [the red one]
1997 Softail Custom (FXSTC) [RIP 6 Nov, 2018]

You've got to play the hand that you're dealt, and sometimes life deals you a losing hand, well then you're a loser, and you have to deal with it.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 06:15 AM

Garage
He makes some good points.

I do not disagree on any of them. The TPMS isn't that big of a deal, as checking the tire pressure is part of my "get ready" routine.

Exco

Call me Bill
'17 HD FXDL
------------------
I'm going to go stand outside, so if anyone asks;
I'm OUTSTANDING!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 06:34 AM

Garage
I agree with Walking Talls wishes. It's time Harley realizes they have to make considerations to ALL potential buyers, and make features accessible to different platforms. Harley's target market is shrinking, they need to expand their desirability.

I ride like an old guy that wants to get older.

Pete / Breeze .380
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big [email protected] View Post
Sorry to hijack for a second...I also have a 2012 Elantra Limited...when your TPMS went out did it screw with other vehicles nearby? When mine went out I couldn't lock the doors with the remote on my 05 Trailblazer. Also affected my daughters Jeep Liberty and her husbands Chevy pickup. Couldn't use the remote garage door opener on either vehicle. Once I got it replaced all worked again.

I ain't gonna squash it and you don't need to wash it.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 07:35 AM

I do have the TPMS system via my Garmin Zumo and I love it. Only have to replace the battery every year but it's just a cap so no big deal. Maybe they go that route instead of inside the rim ?

I ain't gonna squash it and you don't need to wash it.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 09:59 PM

Garage
Why most car manufactures and HD pare up with apple? Apple has been on the NRA's bad guys list forever. I hear they employ anti-gun lobbyist and financially support the anti-gun bills. I have been a Life NRA member for many decades. I will never buy an apple product.
Rant over!
Kainam and priell3 like this.

Scott
2014 Ultra Classic
All LED lighting otherwise bone stock.
K-I-S-S Keepin' It Simple Stupid.
USMC veteran.

Drinking and riding is fine ... just don't do it in that order
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 10:43 AM
Poser Member # 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by elPrez View Post
Sorry to hijack for a second...I also have a 2012 Elantra Limited...when your TPMS went out did it screw with other vehicles nearby? When mine went out I couldn't lock the doors with the remote on my 05 Trailblazer. Also affected my daughters Jeep Liberty and her husbands Chevy pickup. Couldn't use the remote garage door opener on either vehicle. Once I got it replaced all worked again.
We Haven't Had problems with any thing else on the car or other vehicles which is a 2007 Dodge ram Pu . The TPMS on The Hyundi is in side the rime I replaced them all twice and even bought a tool to read them Activate then and reload them in to e Cars obd terminal. I spent a lot to solve the problem and Learned a lot about them for Nothing a Piece of Black electrical tape coves the TPMS light and Is a cheap Fix .
elPrez likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode