Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Orcutt, CA
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
- The fuel pump will only run for 3 seconds untill the engine starts . Check the ignition fuse inside the right side cover , two fuses there , ecm / ignition and fuel pump .
- Engine cranks but doesn't start and no codes setting indicate a problem that's outside of the EMS , engine management system .
- Remove and inspect / clean the speed sensor located on top of the trans at the end of the starter . EMS needs to see a signal from the speed sensor .
- Check that the fuel feed hose is plugged into the tank bung secure , unplug and replug it .
- Engine compression needs to be present to check for spark so checking with the plug out and grounded to the head won't give good results . Install a spark tester in series with the wire and plug .
- The fuel pump feed hose inside the tank could have a hole in it resulting in low fuel pressure .
- Hope some of this info helps ya find the problem .
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|2002 road king classic will not start, please help||big wood||Engine||16||04-28-2015 09:44 PM|
|2003 Road King Running Issues HELP PLEASE||hdph1957||Performance||7||09-08-2014 08:12 AM|
|Won't start.....Please help||PhillyPyro||Sportster General Discussions||4||05-21-2012 04:00 PM|
|no fuel- no spark -no headlights||Rockarosa||New to the Community||49||07-18-2011 02:59 PM|