Sport Tourer to my first HD??? - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By Kainam
  • 2 Post By Kainam

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Sport Tourer to my first HD???

Thanks for the add.. Moving from a 2014 Yamaha FJR 1300 to I hope a 2007-2009 Road King. The desire to change is all emotional, I mean the FJR is a perfect motorcycle, but it does not talk to my soul. The angel on my shoulder is saying, the FJR is perfect, great brakes, ABS works, will run to 100k with no problems. The devil is saying buy the v twin rumble, ABS is hit or miss so what? Might be a maintenance hog, so what?

Will see what happens and who wins.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 02:53 PM
Banned

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PukinDogs View Post
Might be a maintenance hog,
Huh?

You mean like changing oil every 3 - 5k miles?
1/2 Ton likes this.

Mala Ipsa Nova
Psalm 144:1 Luke 22:36

'05 Carbed Night Train
111 rwhp, 112 rwtq
Best 1/4 ET 12.557s
Best 1/4 MPH 108.59

http://weathersticker.wunderground.c...ansas_City.gif
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Well like Cam Chain Tensioner issues, granted if I stick to 2007 or newer will not be an issue, but might end up with something older. Problems with the ABS systems and the fact you have to take it to Harley to flush it due to HD computer, which I am ok with.

Judging from your question, you have had great service out of yours and I hope for the same. Hard to keep in mind that most people are posting about problems to blow off steam or find solutions, not often people post " Hey had no problems this past year".

Regardless look forward to getting one.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 03:34 PM
Banned

Garage
Quote:
Well like Cam Chain Tensioner issues, granted if I stick to 2007 or newer will not be an issue, but might end up with something older. Problems with the ABS systems and the fact you have to take it to Harley to flush it due to HD computer, which I am ok with.

Judging from your question, you have had great service out of yours and I hope for the same. Hard to keep in mind that most people are posting about problems to blow off steam or find solutions, not often people post " Hey had no problems this past year".

There are fixes for early cam chain tensioners, from replacing the tensioners with aftermarket, to updating the cam plate to use later hydraulic tensioners.

There are no problems with HD ABS that I have heard about. And you only have to take it in to dealer for a brake fluid flush if you are too afraid to get on the brakes hard enough to activate ABS. No ABS activation, no brake fluid passing through ABS module.

Mala Ipsa Nova

'05 Carbed Night Train
111 rwhp, 112 rwtq
Best 1/4 ET 12.557s
Best 1/4 MPH 108.59

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 07:23 PM

Garage
Quote:
Thanks for the add.. Moving from a 2014 Yamaha FJR 1300 to I hope a 2007-2009 Road King. The desire to change is all emotional, I mean the FJR is a perfect motorcycle, but it does not talk to my soul. The angel on my shoulder is saying, the FJR is perfect, great brakes, ABS works, will run to 100k with no problems. The devil is saying buy the v twin rumble, ABS is hit or miss so what? Might be a maintenance hog, so what?

Will see what happens and who wins.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kainam View Post
Huh?

You mean like changing oil every 3 - 5k miles?
Quote:

Judging from your question, you have had great service out of yours and I hope for the same. Hard to keep in mind that most people are posting about problems to blow off steam or find solutions, not often people post [B][/B]" Hey had no problems this past year".

If you have not seen anyone post "HEY, HAD NO PROBLEMS THIS PAST YEAR", then I will be the first!
"HEY, HAD NO PROBLEMS THIS PAST YEAR"

I have been on this forum asking for help with my friends Sporty that we brought back to life after being in storage for 10+ years! I have been here asking for information on the things that i am unfamiliar with. Such as the Boombox (which i honestly dislike). (But, my bike came with it so..) I learned how to use it.

Maintenance hog: Well, OK, I Installed a new battery and did a 3 hole oil change. Oh, and adjusted the handlebars..

This bike has given me NO PROBLEMS

I question, Why would you start with slamming H.D. while shopping for one?

Scott
2014 Ultra Classic
All LED lighting otherwise bone stock.
K-I-S-S Keepin' It Simple Stupid.
USMC veteran.

Drinking and riding is fine ... just don't do it in that order
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 07:40 PM
Banned

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/2 Ton View Post

I question, Why would you start with slamming H.D. while not ever owning one?
FTFY
tommytailspin and 1/2 Ton like this.

Mala Ipsa Nova

'05 Carbed Night Train
111 rwhp, 112 rwtq
Best 1/4 ET 12.557s
Best 1/4 MPH 108.59

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in