2019 Forum Meet and Greet..aka. The Collision June 8, 2019 at The General Nelson Inn - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
 2178Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 772 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 11:07 PM

Garage
Booked and paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jpassh2o, bbally and baggd13 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 772 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 11:28 PM
Living the dream

Garage
Awesome, as always!! Cant wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jpassh2o, bbally and baggd13 like this.

Kendro out
post #13 of 772 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 11:29 PM

Booked + 1 .... you all can meet and hang with the great new Mrs Haus. Stangs last year was awesome and look forward to seeing you all again.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

post #14 of 772 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 11:31 PM

Zeero +1, booked and paid. See you all in June!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

-Zeero
post #15 of 772 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 11:33 PM
Mississippi Cajun

Booked and can't wait! One of my year's highlights. No way I'm missing this.
jpassh2o, Diezel, bbally and 3 others like this.

USAF Veteran, PGR Member, Retired Old Fart! 2015 Electraglide Ultra Limited

Hey, immigrants: Learning English and assimilation to American culture is NOT a suggestion!
post #16 of 772 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 12:43 AM
The Extreme Member

Garage
Delta +1

The Mrs and myself are in, the room is booked and pay pal on the way.
jpassh2o, bbally and tommytailspin like this.

Proud member of the NTC (North Texas Crew)

US Army (Vet) 81/86

NTXPGR

The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are.

---
post #17 of 772 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 06:32 AM
Viet Nam 69/70

Garage
Booked and Paid + 1
bbally and tommytailspin like this.

Life: VFW, NRA, NYSRPA(NYS Rifle Pistol Association)
2 favorite signs
CAUTION we do not dial 911 first.
DANGER if you are reading this U R in range.

05 FLSTC, 08 FLHTCUSE3

C4 IRONBALLS

C4 2016 Ironbutt 1226 miles 19.5 hours

Retired 1SG US Army

Where Nagalot and I have been on bike
post #18 of 772 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stangs8689 View Post
Last year, we gave the money out early, as the need was immediately needed, trying to help a forum members family member from losing their home. Unfortunately, he did not raise enough money via Go Fund Me to do so, but the money still went on to help him, so feel good about that folks.

This year, we have someone in our group that truly needs some help, is a Collision alumni, a very good guy, and is facing some serious financial burden right now, from a accident. He is to the point where he is selling his Harley to relieve some burden placed on his family. While I know what we raise won't relieve his stress, but atleast he'll know his Collision family loves their own.

On July 25, John Ashbrook aka 2005FXDC, was siding his home, and due to his own stupidity, (:rofl the scaffolding he was working off of, fell and took his drunk (speculating... :rofl ass tumbling to the ground with it. We've all, I'm sure, had some home accidents, and the last thing we want is for them to be public information, as we have some pride involved, and they are usually done with some form of our own stupidity at the helm.

But John being a over achiever, took it to the next level, with what the surgeon called "the worst bone fracture he's ever seen". You really have to admire that level of commitment from John. What John didn't think about on the way down was "this is going to be expensive", but as he passed the windows he was heard saying "so far so good!!!" Then the ground changed his opinion. I'll be posting the pics of his injury up after the initial thread is posted, and they are spectacular.

Folks, John didn't have his hand out, he didn't ask for the help, and he's kind of embarrassed when I contacted and told him what we, The Fathers, had decided to do to be honest. And I know everyone here will be in agreement, we help our own first. We always have since the "charity" idea was formed now 2 events ago, and that's the way it will always go. He's in some serious medical debt because of this accident, to the tune of around $25,000 that he is responsible for. Anything you can afford will help this guy out immensely.

To the Father's, I thank you and love you guys. Stangs is dead right about me being embarrassed as I was told "you don't have a say here" accepting this. This is mostly because everyone of us has gone through some crap at some point and I feel there's probably someone that needs this worse than I do. I've always been that guy that will go out of his way to help others and never want to ask for help for myself and that will never change.

I'll be on crutches for about 2 - 3 more weeks then into a ankle brace and the fun with pyhsical therapy begins. They said I will fully recover and I will ride again(not this year) but we are looking to get rid of some things like the bike to help out.

I truely care for these people on this forum. I'm glad that I got a PM from Silverback which led me to my first collision. I'm grateful as eff for the friends I've met.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
Well it looks like once again, Stangs has knocked this out of the park. I cant imagine a better cause than this years honoree for any help that we can come up with. John, we all can use a boost at some time in our life, so please understand the willing spirit of the good folks in this forum. Best wishes for a full recovery, my friend! The new venue last year was great and allowed a lot of folks to attend. Looking forward to returning!

I know this is the greatest bunch of people anywhere. My life wouldn't be the same without it. I love all of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haus View Post
Booked + 1 .... you all can meet and hang with the great new Mrs Haus. Stangs last year was awesome and look forward to seeing you all again.
Dear Haus,

You have to be very careful when your posting. This reads...

Stangs last year was awesome! This is going to fuel his ego out of control, it doesn't need help.

It should read...

Stangs, (NOTE THE COMMA)last year was awesome! This is just saying thank you for what you do Stangs and I'll be back.

LOCK IT UP!!
post #19 of 772 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 08:11 AM

Booked already. Will get check in the mail to you over the weekend.
bbally and baggd13 like this.
post #20 of 772 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 08:29 AM
Lost in Space

Garage
I heard that this this was an OK time. Guess I may try to go this year. Will be good to finally meet some of you.

"If I cannot drink bourbon and smoke cigars in heaven, I shall not go." Mark Twain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode