2019 Forum Meet and Greet..aka. The Collision June 8, 2019 at The General Nelson Inn - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
 2178Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 772 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
The Angry One

Garage
2019 Forum Meet and Greet..aka. The Collision June 8, 2019 at The General Nelson Inn

Well boys and girls, I know this is a tad later than usual from when I normally post this thread, but I've been a bit busy, low on effs, and had to resolve some issues, firm up the date as well as wait to post the thread as asked by the hotel management, as they were busy as well.......

So, June 8th is date, the General Nelson is the place. Some of you already knew that and booked for next year as Sheila made the mistake of allowing that to happen, as she didn't realize that the info I had talked to her about was not set in stone yet..... and that's not how we do things either. So for those that booked already, you snuck one in.

Last year we made a attempt to cook for ourselves, and I'd like to thank those that lent a hand last year. For the most part, all it did was create more work for people than I cared it too, and it kind of went off the rails as well. So eff that shit, back to catering we go.

This year, food will be provided by Down Home Barb-Q, right in Bardstown KY. Down Home Bar B Q - Barbecue - Bardstown, KY is their website.https://www.facebook.com/TheDownHomeBarBQ/

I have spoken to the owner and set up the date, and I'll have more details on the menu in a little bit. The cost will still be $30...$20 going towards the food and banquet hall cost, and the $10 going towards our charitable donation.

Last year, we gave the money out early, as the need was immediately needed, trying to help a forum members family member from losing their home. Unfortunately, he did not raise enough money via Go Fund Me to do so, but the money still went on to help him, so feel good about that folks.

This year, we have someone in our group that truly needs some help, is a Collision alumni, a very good guy, and is facing some serious financial burden right now, from a accident. He is to the point where he is selling his Harley to relieve some burden placed on his family. While I know what we raise won't relieve his stress, but atleast he'll know his Collision family loves their own.

On July 25, John Ashbrook aka 2005FXDC, was siding his home, and due to his own stupidity, ( ) the scaffolding he was working off of, fell and took his drunk (speculating... ) ass tumbling to the ground with it. We've all, I'm sure, had some home accidents, and the last thing we want is for them to be public information, as we have some pride involved, and they are usually done with some form of our own stupidity at the helm.

But John being a over achiever, took it to the next level, with what the surgeon called "the worst bone fracture he's ever seen". You really have to admire that level of commitment from John. What John didn't think about on the way down was "this is going to be expensive", but as he passed the windows he was heard saying "so far so good!!!" Then the ground changed his opinion. I'll be posting the pics of his injury up after the initial thread is posted, and they are spectacular.

Folks, John didn't have his hand out, he didn't ask for the help, and he's kind of embarrassed when I contacted and told him what we, The Fathers, had decided to do to be honest. And I know everyone here will be in agreement, we help our own first. We always have since the "charity" idea was formed now 2 events ago, and that's the way it will always go. He's in some serious medical debt because of this accident, to the tune of around $25,000 that he is responsible for. Anything you can afford will help this guy out immensely.

So make reservations at:

The General Nelson Inn

411 W. Stephen Foster Ave

Bardstown KY

1-800-225-3977 or 1-502-348-3977

MUST mention Collision for the discounted rate and the ability to book, I have the whole hotel blocked for reservations.

Once this hotel is booked, there is overflow hotel directly across the street.

There is a breakfast/lunch/dinner buffet restaurant within a 2 minute walk from the hotel, with plenty of BACON. Mammie's restaurant, a short walk downtown, has good food and live entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights. There is a lot of historical and touristy stuff do in this area, and the riding isn't half bad either, once you get off the main drags. Some VERY narrow roads, so be careful folks. Liquor store within walking distance that is open till 11, as well as a convenience store within a 4 minute walk as well for those late night munchies that may be required.

SHIRTS!!!!
Order by May 21

Send payments via PayPal: copy and paste [email protected] into PayPal.

PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR SCREEN NAME IN THE COMMENTS SECTION WHEN SENDING PAYMENT.

While I know most of you by name, it's nice to have the reference. Thank you!

Im in:

2stangs8689 +1 PAID
67Duce PAID
Jpassh2o +1 PAID
Silverback PAID
BaseballBiker PAID
Gravs +1 PAID
Chas PAID
Baggerboy +1 PAID
1shot PAID
Zeero +1 PAID
Harvey13118 +1 PAID
GtrMan66 +1 PAID
Jake PAID
Silvereagle50 + 1 PAID
6113 PAID
Gravel Gretzky +1 PAID
Baggd13 PAID
Cloondog PAID
Southernman67 +1 PAID
Pecosriver +1 PAID
Peanut +1 PAID
E4fn3 PAID
GotGold PAID
MADMACK PAID
JaxGlide PAID
HarleyBob58 +1 PAID
Kd5cqt PAID
Tommytailspin PAID
Louisville Joe +1 PAID
ematicic PAID
VoodooU PAID
bbally +1 PAID
Sardonicus87 PAID
Delta +1 PAID
AndyG PAID
Haus +1 PAID
fat99boy PAID
Boblo Escobar PAID
Pipewizard PAID
El Diablo PAID
Fartboy PAID
Miles Tequila PAID
Dagger +1 PAID
Misinlink +1 PAID
Nipplesurfer PAID
2005FXDC PAID
SDunsmoor PAID

(VIRGINS)
Elisa PAID
OZman PAID
Taxmanhog PAID
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0423.JPG
Views:	252
Size:	547.7 KB
ID:	743577  

Last edited by misinlink; 05-10-2019 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Added shirt ordering info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 772 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 09:19 PM
booked & paid +1
bbally likes this.

2013 Ultra Classic
Midnight Pearl/Brilliant Silver Pearl
SE Race Tuner, SE Ventilator AC
RC Component Mufflers
Fullsac Head Pipe
Dyno tuned
post #3 of 772 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 09:28 PM
On the loose

Booked , paid . . . ready to ride
jpassh2o and bbally like this.

2001 Deuce , traded.

2014 Street Glide with stuff

post #4 of 772 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 09:38 PM

Booked & Paid
jpassh2o, bbally and 2005fxdc like this.

2000 883 Sportster
2009 FLHRC Road King Classic - Vivid Black
NRA - Life Member
Patriot Guard Riders - 3 missions so far
post #5 of 772 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 09:39 PM
Keep on Ridin

Garage
2019 Forum Meet and Greet..aka. The Collision June 8, 2019 at The General Nelson Inn

Well it looks like once again, Stangs has knocked this out of the park. I cant imagine a better cause than this years honoree for any help that we can come up with. John, we all can use a boost at some time in our life, so please understand the willing spirit of the good folks in this forum. Best wishes for a full recovery, my friend! The new venue last year was great and allowed a lot of folks to attend. Looking forward to returning!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, a state of bliss
" --Pink Floyd
** This line seems to come to mind often while I'm riding.

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing." --Oliver Wendell Holmes

"And miles to go before I sleep
...and miles to go before I sleep." -- Robert Frost

If you give up drinking, you don't live longer...it just seems longer
post #6 of 772 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
The Angry One

Garage
The day of Johns injury.....

The hardware.....

Not my leg, not my problem. Thats what I always say....
sardonicus87 likes this.
post #7 of 772 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 10:16 PM
Asylum Inmate

Garage
Booked Bbally +1

Thanks for setting it up again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

USMC Sgt 79-85
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem
Western Colorado PGR

2003 VRSCA
2016 FLTRXS

AMA PAC Supporter
post #8 of 772 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 10:18 PM
Bird Whisperer

Garage
I'm in!

Damn, that leg looks nasty.

If anyone is interested in knowing the location of the Bardstown laundromat where you can enjoy a refreshing hopped beverage outside with your good friends, just ask! I can draw you a map.....

For the Canadian translation, contact Gravel Gretzky.

"It's all part of the big picture."
post #9 of 772 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 10:21 PM
South GA Redneck

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravs View Post
I'm in!

Damn, that leg looks nasty.

If anyone is interested in knowing the location of the Bardstown laundromat where you can enjoy a refreshing hopped beverage outside with your good friends, just ask! I can draw you a map.....

For the Canadian translation, contact Gravel Gretzky.

Thats easy....Just add eh to end of Gravs translation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bbally, Silverback, Gravs and 1 others like this.
post #10 of 772 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 10:48 PM
South GA Redneck

Garage
Me and the short lady are booked! Ready to go back and spend some more time riding up there! And maybe go to some bourbon distilleries this time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode