PSA - BP aka Black Path: Bikes Needed for Product Testing in SoCal - Page 3 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
 54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 04:11 PM
Rocker Chik

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta7 View Post
Dang right, ya mess with this forum an we'll put Sarah on your butt...
Thanks, guys! The thing is, I don't mind working with a reputable company. Bailment law is in place to protect our property when it is in the custody of a business. They have to have liability insurance in case of theft, fire, etc. If my bike was to "disappear" I at least need to know who I am to hold responsible, how to contact them, and if necessary how to serve legal papers if it gets to that level. Once I had a business name and address and could not verify their identity and authenticity I became nervous. I even did a Google Earth view of the address and its simply in an industrial park. My concern was if I showed up a week or two later would it all be vacant. By the way, if anyone needs to know the name and address of the "business", please PM me and I will share it. I just don't want there to be an issue if I was to post it in this thread.

We pay a lot of money for our prized possession and should exercise due diligence to ensure we are dealing with a reputable entity. Where's my nerd glasses? Oh, here they are!
Kainam, Zeta7, GotGold and 2 others like this.

2008 Rocker C
SoCal Patriot Guard Rider

Yeah....I ride like a girl, so, try to keep up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 04:31 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah93003 View Post
Thanks, guys! The thing is, I don't mind working with a reputable company. Bailment law is in place to protect our property when it is in the custody of a business. They have to have liability insurance in case of theft, fire, etc. If my bike was to "disappear" I at least need to know who I am to hold responsible, how to contact them, and if necessary how to serve legal papers if it gets to that level. Once I had a business name and address and could not verify their identity and authenticity I became nervous. I even did a Google Earth view of the address and its simply in an industrial park. My concern was if I showed up a week or two later would it all be vacant. By the way, if anyone needs to know the name and address of the "business", please PM me and I will share it. I just don't want there to be an issue if I was to post it in this thread.

We pay a lot of money for our prized possession and should exercise due diligence to ensure we are dealing with a reputable entity. Where's my nerd glasses? Oh, here they are!
Legal Papers? is that what you call your K-Bar?
bbally, Sarah93003 and 421Tripower like this.
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 05:56 PM
Rocker Chik

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman1340 View Post
Legal Papers? is that what you call your K-Bar?
Why, yes it is. I name all of my knives. The RH-36 is named "I'm so sorry", the Buck 120 is named "Oops", the Buck 119 is "Gimme dat", the custom Bowie is named "here, hold my beer" and the other Bowie is named, "what did you say?"

2008 Rocker C
SoCal Patriot Guard Rider

Yeah....I ride like a girl, so, try to keep up.

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 07:25 PM
Nocturnal Ancestor

Garage
I also will be seeking bikes to just..well test!! If someone is going to be not using their bike due to whatever problems one has, I will put many miles as I can to keep the miles up to par!

Joking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder~Struck View Post
IMO. Tread carefully People.
Just say`in....
Sarah93003 likes this.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 11:04 AM
Negative Ghost Rider

Jeezzzz... looks like I called another one right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zeta7, OGC and Sarah93003 like this.

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind.
~ Humphrey Bogart
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 12:53 PM

Garage
Great Job Sarah. Very simple and to the point questions that if they can't or won't answer should shut down anyone thinking of doing business with them.
OGC and Sarah93003 like this.

Current - 2012 FLHTK Ultra Limited
Previous - 2005 FLSTFI Fat Boy

I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf. ~Tug McGraw, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf

If the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls' sports, such as hot oil wrestling, foxy boxing, and such and such. ~Homer Simpson
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-09-2016, 04:04 PM
Banned

Garage
Thread stickied and moved to the "Recommended Products", right next to Viking Bags, as a warning to others.

Mala Ipsa Nova
Psalm 144:1 Luke 22:36

'05 Carbed Night Train
111 rwhp, 112 rwtq
Best 1/4 ET 12.557s
Best 1/4 MPH 108.59

http://weathersticker.wunderground.c...ansas_City.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode