Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Westlake Village, CA
I thought I would post an update, so to speak. At this point I have to be honest and say I am not having a warm and fuzzy feeling about the arrangement.
I responded to the OP on 10/26 and expressed that I might be interested in letting them use my bike but would first need some questions answered. I received 3 PM's on 10/27 ending with an address to drop my bike off and would I be able to do that on the week of 10/31. The timing was fine and I asked to see a copy of their contract and provided my work email. As ya'll know I work in a law office.
I received a copy of their one page contract on 10/27. I responded with the following questions.
1. Who will be signing the form representing B______P____, Inc.? Are they authorized to represent BP and in what capacity?
2. Can you provide a copy of your liability insurance?
3. Is B______ P______, Inc. the legal name of your business? I can't find the corporation listed with the California Secretary of State nor can I find it listed as a Fictitious Business Name registered with L.A. County. Is there a Corporation Entity Number that you can provide?
4. Can you provide a list of what it is you will need to do with my bike? For example, test fit <fill in the blank> parts. I will add that to the form.
5. Can you be specific how long you will need the bike?
6. *Do you have secure indoor storage and guarantee my bike won't be left outdoors unattended?
7. I will need a copy of the motorcycle endorsement and insurance coverage for the person(s) who will ride my bike. I'd also like an estimate of how many miles they will likely ride it.
8. I will likely want to expand the terms and conditions of your form and provide my own version. Are you okay with that?
The contact person responded that he would forward my questions to his boss. It's been nearly two weeks since that contact and I've heard nothing. Since I can't verify the legal entity of who this company actually is, or if they are actually a real company, and if something happened I would have no way to trace this company and locate my bike I've come to the conclusion that something isn't quite right here and I am not comfortable turning my bike over to them.
FYI, the form they provided listed the company as a corporation, ______, Inc. As a corporation doing business in California they have to be listed with the Secretary of State, along with who their Agent For Service Of Process is; and to do business in Los Angeles County they have to register the Fictitious Business Name. Neither of these exist.
In my opinion if I can't verify a company, it doesn't exist.
I just thought I'd share my thoughts and concerns just in case others are considering it. Be wary.
2008 Rocker C
SoCal Patriot Guard Rider
Yeah....I ride like a girl, so, try to keep up.