Legend Suspension Heads up - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
 9Likes
  • 5 Post By loubob
  • 1 Post By loubob
  • 3 Post By loubob

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Legend Suspension Heads up

Hey everyone, just thought I'd give you all a heads up on my suspension change. I went with Legend after lots of research and reviews and talking to dealer techs all over the country when I travelled for work. The bike is a 2014 Electra Glide Ultra. I went with the standard height rear Revo-A's and could not be happier. They are so far superior to the OEM air junk. Super easy preload adjustment (turn the spring) and an adjustable rebound lets you dial these babies in for your loads, though I find that once set up for the Tour Pack and riding two up, I'm very happy when I Take the Tour Pack off and ride solo too.

Now for the front. Installed Standard height Axeo's NOT the lowered ones. The ride is exceptional, stability and handling improved noticeably, AHHH but the downside NOT explained by anyone in writing or otherwise. You lose about 1.5-2 inches of height up front. I am dragging my jiffy stand riding like I always did and it didn't use to drag. I'm talking about round-abouts and normal corners, not riding the Tail of the Dragon (which I guess I'd better avoid now) I thought I was just being a touch more aggressive due to the ride improvement until I did my 50K oil change. I couldn't get the oil pan I have always used under the bike. Then Looked at the slider covers and the bottom of it was down on the pin stripe line instead of level with the top of the fender like they used to be. I called Legend and texted back and forth several times and they basically told me there was nothing they could or would do because it was normal. They explained their SAG is different then the OEM to get their ride quality. I'm pissed that I lost lean angle, especially since it does ride and handle so much better.
I spent way to much to change them out to something else and since the ride is amazing I'm gonna live with it, Just thought anyone considering the Axeo front suspension from Legend ought to know what they are going to experience.
peanut, ematicic, cloondog and 2 others like this.

Blessed beyond measure.
Honored to be a PGR member.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 08:08 PM

Hi Loubob, interesting to hear of your experience. I've got the standard Revo rear shocks and standard Axeo installed earlier this year on my '13 Ultra. Awesome ride now and I didn't lose any clearance, maybe it's something with the Rushmore setup. Hope you can get it worked out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

-Zeero
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 08:27 PM
Senior Flatulant

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob View Post
They explained their SAG is different then the OEM to get their ride quality. I'm pissed that I lost lean angle, especially since it does ride and handle so much better.
I spent way to much to change them out to something else and since the ride is amazing I'm gonna live with it, Just thought anyone considering the Axeo front suspension from Legend ought to know what they are going to experience.
I have not yet had a new front end apart.

How much room/travel do you have before you're 'spring bound'?

Do you have room for 1-1/2 or 2 inch spring spacers? (Old school chopper days ... )

Cheers,
Smoketown

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-23-2018, 07:10 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoketown$1 View Post
I have not yet had a new front end apart.

How much room/travel do you have before you're 'spring bound'?

Do you have room for 1-1/2 or 2 inch spring spacers? (Old school chopper days ... )

Cheers,
Smoketown
The new parts don't accept spacers, the preload is set by turning a set ring. I asked about tightening it a couple more turns but the ride stiffness will increase to an undesirable level they told me, and only gain a small amount of height.
Kainam likes this.

Blessed beyond measure.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Follow UP

So I finally decided to have the Forks taken apart again and measure the suspension. I have been in touch with Legend back and forth for months. The guy I'm emailing finally said this was the only way to know if I had the right parts. He told me to give him certain dimensions and they would tell me if the parts I got were what I ordered.
I responded with NO, you give me the dimensions of the standard and the lowered parts, which he sent to me. Today I found out that I got a set of 1" lowered in a standard height Box. The label part number was correct but what was ion the box was not! The Battle is on. Legend is closed on Fridays. My Dealer and I both contacted them via email. I expect a replacement set of suspension parts and the fork oil and for them to absorb the labor cost to do this disassembly check and the replacement. Since I ordered them through my dealer, they are on my side on this deal. I will update.
The ride truly is WAY better, and now, knowing I've got the lowered parts and once that is back to standard, I'll get my lean angles back, I'll sing their praises. I'm guessing a Production Packaging Quality control issue caused this. Sucks for me but I hope they make it right.
scspartan, zeero and JLR like this.

Blessed beyond measure.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 06:18 AM
Most Wanted

Perhaps it would be best to let the dealer handle this since the parts were ordered through them. It's a business transaction, keep it that way and don't make it personal. Remember, you catch more bees with honey.

FXDC
SEPST*HP 81.26*TQ 88.49*Stage 1*Rinehart Exhaust*Ness Big Sucker*External Breathers*FL Air Cleaner*Leatherpros FXDXT Bags*Moons MC Moonmaker*Saddlemen Step Up Seat*Windvest*Mobil 1 V Twin 20w50*Amsoil V Twin Primary Fluid*Amsoil V Twin Transmission Fluid
Hades02
That's like not f...ing your woman so that the p*ssy stays fresh and new for the next guy.

FTW
All posts self censored for the hypocrites
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 06:31 AM
The dealer should make it right..... let them fight it out on the other end with the supplier.

2013 Ultra Classic
Midnight Pearl/Brilliant Silver Pearl
SE Race Tuner, SE Ventilator AC
RC Component Mufflers
Fullsac Head Pipe
Dyno tuned
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 10:59 PM

Well??? How does the story end?!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

-Zeero
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 12:43 PM

Garage
Lou, I'm interested in this topic. I am not sure if you or anyone else would know the answer to my question, but I have a set of JRI's on the rear of my '14 limited. Absolutely love them. Stock parts on the front. My question is: would the legends upfront work well with my JRI's on the rear or would I need to change everything over to the LEGEND product line? The ride is already good and you kind of sold me with your noticeable difference with the LEGENDS on the front.

"Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.." Robert Hunter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode