PSA - Vikingbags.com - Page 3 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-02-2014, 07:50 PM
The Angry One

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Bob View Post
Adding this here as suggested by Kainam.

I put Viking bags on my last bike and when at first they didn't fit (blinkers were in the way) I contacted customer service. No phone number, mind you - you have to email. Strike #1. Strikes 2 and 3 happened over the course of the following week. Worst. Customer. Service. Ever. Thinking about the extra $100 brackets they convinced me to buy that didn't fix the problem and they wouldn't take back after the fact still pisses me off. Stay away from those scam artists. Oh, and the bags were extremely low quality too (want locking bags? each bag will need its own key - that'll be handy).
That's a bag full of awesome right there!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 08:43 PM

I just put a pair on my Sportster bases on good reviews. I was misled. The are smaller than I expected and difficult to mount. I first tried to use them as throw overs but they did not work with standard brackets. The provided mounts are awful. They are poorly designed, poor quality, and the hardware is useless. None of the supplied bolts fit, were all half inch too short and metric. You have to figure out were you want them and drills holes for the mounts. It wouldn't be hard to design a better system, everyone else has. Once on they look ok and seem to be sturdy. The difficulty is using them. The opening is very small and the large rigid top has to be pushed against the bike to open. Plus the front and back have Velcro that needs to be pried loose while opening the bags so you need 3 hands plus a hand to hold you gear and stuff it in the tiny opening. I taped over most of the Velcro. I may modify them in the future. On another sportster I had the factory teardrop bags that I thought were small and ugly. These look better but actually have less useable space than the Harley teardrops. For $250 plus shipping they aren't bad. Of you get them be prepared to get longer bolts. I really recommend spending more money and getting better mounts and better designed bags. If they stand up they will be worth the cheap price but I would not buy them again.
post #23 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-31-2014, 09:40 AM
Intellectual Redneck

Good looking out, I will stay away/pass the word along.

Noble Eagle, Operation Enduring Freedom, Veteran, PATRIOT

2007 Night Train FXSTB

post #24 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-01-2015, 09:07 AM
Banned

I bought a cheap set of bags a week ago on Sunday on Amazon. I am not willing to invest a lot of money because I don't intend on keeping the bike long term. I selected a set of Nomad (man made leather) bags. I know, I get what I pay for and didn't expect much. The bags came in three days (Wednesday) and they are decent for what they are. Looked at the parts list and the mounting brackets and hardware are missing. Pulled the packing slip off the box and the shipper was Viking Bags. (WTF) I had already read this thread and ordered accordingly. I went on their website and there was a chat option so I talked to a rep on the site. He took my order # and asked what bike these were going on. He apologized for the inconvenience and would ship the missing items out that day. (Took about 10 minutes). I figured in a week I would buy brackets and just bite the bullet as I will probably never see the items. Saturday afternoon a box came with all the missing items. Less than a week and I had everything. The bags are actually better than I had expected and the service was also. We will see how long the bags will last.

I am not endorsing Viking, I think I just got lucky.
post #25 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-01-2015, 11:29 AM
las drogas son malas

Garage
Maybe they're finally upping their game. Hope that's the case.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd116/robertwindel/ridden.jpg
post #26 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-01-2015, 12:22 PM
Lost in Space

Garage
I got a set of their bags for Morticia a year or so ago. They still look good, even after the storm on the way home from VA.

"If I cannot drink bourbon and smoke cigars in heaven, I shall not go." Mark Twain
post #27 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-01-2015, 12:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
I got a set of their bags for Morticia a year or so ago. They still look good, even after the storm on the way home from VA.
Nomads?
post #28 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-01-2015, 12:38 PM
Lost in Space

Garage
They were a hard sided leather. Can't really see them in this pic to well but it's the best I could find. Used some ez brackets to mount.

"If I cannot drink bourbon and smoke cigars in heaven, I shall not go." Mark Twain
post #29 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-01-2015, 12:38 PM
Lost in Space

Garage
He it is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1425231516046.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	321346  

post #30 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-01-2015, 12:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
They were a hard sided leather. Can't really see them in this pic to well but it's the best I could find. Used some ez brackets to mount.
I looked in your garage.
You should look there, you have 3 pictures. Hi Jen.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode