1st speeding ticket!! hopefully last! - Page 5 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
 35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-12-2014, 08:55 PM

dave ,i`m just going by what i was told to me by two very honest x state trooper friends of mine and both had the same story... we are still talking about just SPEEDING TICKETS and not traffiic infractions too as well right?

courage is endurance for one moment more....
{ SMITTY}
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-12-2014, 09:01 PM
I {Heart} Hookers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocrosser View Post
dave ,i`m just going by what i was told to me by two very honest x state trooper friends of mine and both had the same story... we are still talking about just SPEEDING TICKETS and not traffiic infractions too as well right?
If they have a major interstate in their jurisdiction, with an "aggressive driver" area, it very well could be. I know departments where they do highway duty strictly to show a presence and to cite people to curb speeding in that area. We had an"Project 55" deal in our area for 6 months.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

R.I.P. Rubberdown. 1971-2012

"Your Jedi Mind tricks will not work on me...... ~Misinlink-2016~

2005 E.G. Classic
S&S 510 cams
Baisley Oil pump spring
CYCO tensioners
V&H Fuelpak
SE 3.5" pipes
K&N filter
Fueling lifters
S&S adj pushrods
Swingarm stabilizer
post #43 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014, 12:27 AM
Village Idiot

Garage
My cousin is a deputy at the SO in the county next to where I just moved from. He tells me that, in their county, they will pull over a speeder/minor violator, but will rarely stroke a driver. His words, "only if the driver is a real tool..."

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

The object in life is not to arrive in a pristine well taken care of body; rather it is to slide in sideways, body thoroughly used up, a drink in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming "That was one HELL of a ride!!!"

post #44 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014, 04:46 AM

Last ticket I got was in MT on the interstate 85 in a 75. Cost me $20. When he stopped me, he said "I stopped you for exceeding the speed limit", I said yep. I asked the officer what he clocked mt at, he said the front at 85, the rear at 86. My response was "huh, my cruise was set at 84". His reply "that's not too bad, I've seen them 12 mph off, be careful." I left and kicked it back to 82 on my speedometer

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #45 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014, 09:22 AM

I hot nailed three years ago going through a none active work zone by one of those dang speed cameras. It said in the paperwork igot that it was a $40 ticket thzt I could pay and N.Y. and my insurance company wouldn't know. But if I came down and challenged the ticket and lost it would be a $300 ticket plus the ourt fees. Just a money maker for Maryland. I payed it like everyone probably dose.
post #46 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-14-2014, 10:26 PM

Got lucky last year, out for an afternoon ride and topped a hill doing 97 and met a county cop going the other way, he locked up his breaks, and swung around behind me. By the time he was headed my direction I was back down to 55, after pulling me over he asked if I knew just how fast I was going, said 60 maybe 65, he pointed his thumb up and said try again. I held fast at 60 to 65 as I knew he did not have me on radar and I was not going to say 97 as that would have been a one way trip to jail.
As he did not have me on radar all I got out of it was a warning for excessive speed.

You don't have to admit anything, its their job to prove your guilt, or is should be.

As always your guilty till you prove your innocents.:bikerguy:

Please forgive any and all miss spelled words, I only have a high school edumacation.
If it aint broke, quit trying to fix it.
post #47 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley98 View Post
funny when he asked what bike i am riding i told him its a 1200 harley and i said "oh its an old 1998" he shined his flash light on the bike and said "hmm doesn't look old at all":

Went on a ride last fall for the company i work for and had a guy who was riding a buell told me the same thing when he pulled up next to me while waiting at a stop light, bikes running and all haha
post #48 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 03:55 PM

Ok. Veteran cop here. 27 years fighting a&&wholes on Domestic situations. Telling you this. Most local and County cops like bikers. You guys are always honest and we usually give you the customary "Slow down, be Safe thing". Never had to fight a biker in my career. Fought a ton of meth addicts and sh$tb$irds but never any guy on a bike. See, we just do our job. If you haul ass past us, and others on the road see it, we have to act. Most of the time just to say slow down a bit when passing us. Speaking of that. A lot of us ride bikes when we get a day off and respect the bike community because well let's face it, when we take our vests and gun belts off, we are just normal people too. Disclaimer tho, crotch rocket people get tickets. They are usually *******s. Harley's get the "nice bike, be Safe"..
post #49 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 04:09 PM
Call me Gig.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailsEnd View Post
Ok. Veteran cop here. .

Great post but you are new here and I've noticed a trend. This thread is from April of 2014. Necroposting is at best annoying unless there is something really important to add.

The last time the person that posted originally even posted anything here was in December of 2014/

1979 to 1981 Yamaha 200
1976 to 1979 Suzuki 185
post #50 of 69 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 04:11 PM
Wayward Son

@TrailsEnd Digging up some old threads. But it happens.
Good words just the same.

Have had the same experience(s) you speak of.
If I was playing the "ass" and got red-lighted I always owned up to it.
They almost seemed relieved that I was not gonna bust their chops about something I was in the wrong about.
A check of my paperwork, word of caution.
We were both on our way again.

If I got red-lighted and honestly did not know why. I was still respectful and cooperative up to what the law requires.
Most times it ended in the same manner.

Once in a while I rolled with a BS safety violation, or speeding ticket. Either could have easily been overlooked.
Think the thing that ticked me off more then anything was the "You know.....I`m really doing you a favor by not hooking your bike and locking you up overnight" attitude.
Either they knew I had a cracker jack lawyer, knew he had nothing.
Or. Was just having a really bad day himself.

You`ve been
Thunder⚡️Struck
ATW
1L/TWF
🖕♦️ ♦️ ♦️ ♦️ ♦️ ♦️ ♦️ ♦️ ♦️ ♦️ ♦️ ♦️ ♦️🖕
🇺🇸 R.E.D.

People are why I love Dogs and my Harley.
💔In Loving Memory💔
❣️Thor❣️
09-08-17
🐾No longer by my side. Forever in my heart.🐾
🖤Bear, Brute, Jessie James, Billy the Kid, Aiyana🖤
ROLO
04-03-14 > 07-27-16
Ed
11-20-17
Bee
No such thing as just a Dog.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode