41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 06:54 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45 View Post
Is yours from the wind as well?

Colt.45
Yeah. The wind noise and a couple of loud noises that added to the tinnitus.

Even now I can tell the difference when I forget to wear muffs or plugs when mowing the lawn, running a power saw, listening to an outdoor concert or any number of other activities. Tinnitus is louder, hearing loss is worse.
BigDoo likes this.

Semantics is the difference between "knowing your shit" and "knowing you're shit."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 02:45 PM
JLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRoadKing View Post
Yeah. The wind noise and a couple of loud noises that added to the tinnitus.

Even now I can tell the difference when I forget to wear muffs or plugs when mowing the lawn, running a power saw, listening to an outdoor concert or any number of other activities. Tinnitus is louder, hearing loss is worse.
DITTO

Jim

2007 FLHTCUSE2
S.E. 10.5:1 pistons, S.E. 251 cams, S.E. pro tuner
Big Sucker ll, Rinehart True Duals

1977 Triumph Bonneville Silver Jubilee - sold after 40 great years together

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
post #53 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 07:12 AM

Garage
I was wearing the "foamies" at work, so I'd bring them home for when I needed to mow the grass, run a saw, etc.

I started getting ear infections while at work, so I looked into a non-disposable earplug that could be cleaned.

I ended up going with

. At first, it was because of the name, then as I got to reading I saw that they included the baffle to have a normal conversation, but they still filter out the loud noise.

To each their own about their choice of a helmet (or lack of one). I choose to wear a full face year-round. I very little wind noise (compared to other styles of helmet) and I'm not a fan of obnoxiously loud; the short of it is that I don't wear earplugs while riding.

Exco

Call me Bill
'17 HD FXDL
------------------
I'm going to go stand outside, so if anyone asks;
I'm OUTSTANDING!

post #54 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 10:54 AM
Senior Flatulant

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excoastie View Post
I was wearing the "foamies" at work, so I'd bring them home for when I needed to mow the grass, run a saw, etc.

I started getting ear infections while at work, so I looked into a non-disposable earplug that could be cleaned.

I ended up going with Amazon.com: Eargasm High Fidelity Earplugs for Concerts Musicians Motorcycles Noise Sensitivity Conditions and More (Ear Plugs Come in Premium Gift Box Packaging) - Blue: Health & Personal Care. At first, it was because of the name, then as I got to reading I saw that they included the baffle to have a normal conversation, but they still filter out the loud noise.

To each their own about their choice of a helmet (or lack of one). I choose to wear a full face year-round. I very little wind noise (compared to other styles of helmet) and I'm not a fan of obnoxiously loud; the short of it is that I don't wear earplugs while riding.

Exco
Yep,

Rollin' "foamies" with dirty hands can create problems. As can re-using your 'disposable' earplugs.

Most of the corded ones I have used at least have a stub where the cord goes into the plug making their insertion a bit easier.

Moulded earplugs with the 'flanges' on them collect all kinds of junk from your ear canals and is a breeding ground for bacteria IF you are not meticulous with cleaning them. (I've been using Lee Sonic's (or similar) since the early 60's.)

https://www.google.com/search?q=lee+...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Cheers,
Smoketown

2003 FXST & 2013 CVO Ultra
post #55 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 07:08 PM

Rode today with my EarPeace M ear plug/filters.
They come with 3 different levels of filters.
I used the pre installed filters. (mid level)
They were perfect!
Smoketown$1 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode