Power Loss - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 10:56 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDelaCruz View Post
Interesting, humor where I am from means its funny, thin skinned? Naw old nam vet told me growing up people call you a fag then you take them in the woods and make them swallow their own teeth.

That guy thought he was funny too... wonder whos sense of humor is more funny
P.D.Cruz
Afraid I have to agree with these other guys, you need to find a real mechanic,esp. since it seems you know very little about what you have or scoots in general? Also with your attitude you might not receive as much help as you hoped for............
Colt.45
SoftailBilly and JLR like this.

"You are never out of the Fight"
2008 Rocker..traded for a 2015 Road King traded in for a .. 2019 Iron 1200
U.S.A.F. 75-79
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 03:13 PM

Find a real mechanic, and lose the attitude, it`s annoying.

I can`t believe I responded to this troll.

There is no motorcycle here, just a troll...

Hook, line, sinker........

1989 FLSTC
2016 FLHR
2019 FLHT

Last edited by Dan89flstc; 07-23-2019 at 07:23 PM.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 05:27 PM
Just Ride

It was his mommy's bike. He admitted that. Maybe you should ask Mommy how to fix it. You need to find out more about mommy's bike.

2010 FLTRX Wimmer Better Sucker,Stage 1,Xied's,no cat,fatstick with open end cap. 2004 Dyna Lowrider Harley Heavy Breather,Stage 1,Screaming Eagle mufflers.1996 FXDS-CONV S&S E.Screaming Eagle ignition,V&H Short shots. 1978 Strokershovel Lowrider 100 inches. 1974 Suzuki GT750 Lemans (Water Buffalo)

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 06:28 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze3at View Post
I have spent a LOT of money on several Harley's to increase the power. I've gotten a 25% increase, but the bike was pieces and parts for a while and I was eating cheese sandwiches to pay for the parts. With that said, I've not helped you at all. One part of your description about 5th gear, 55mph, add throttle revs up, but no speed increase, says the clutch is slipping. Many of us use different names for the same part, but Hypercharger and Supercharger cannot be interchanged. They are totally, completely different things. I know people that have been in the same business for decades and they are still incompetent.
Yup.....there is a big difference between a Hypercharger (fancy air cleaner/ normally aspirated/$150)
and a Supercharger that compresses the air and forces the air/fuel mixture into the intake under pressure. The compressor is driven by the crankshaft by gear or a belt. (forced induction/ $2K+).

It could be a Procharger , but I've never seen one on a Sportster, their kits are for Big Twins.

We will have to wait for the OP to post a picture to find out.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 08:55 PM

Garage
Had same problem on my 883XLR
Was not getting gas consistently. Run great 2 or 3 times out then lose power and come back, sometimes die & crank right back up.
The gas filter inlet is angled, outlet is straight.
Mine was turned angle down. Making gas go uphill into the filter. Filter was always half full.
Turned angle up, filter is full now & no more problems.
Hope this helps.
Gorillathehun likes this.

45Auto
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 03:05 PM

A general rule most people follow is "Never make fun of another guy's bike". Only bullies call people thin-skinned who don't like their unprovoked "jokes". It's because they don't have the IQ to dole out true humor. My Sportster 1200 was only ridiculed once, and it was by a woman online who hadn't seen it and kept insisting I must be short. I'm medium height, but I had it because the price was right, it handled great, it pulled like a mule, and it looked/sounded AWESOME. I traded it mainly because I wanted something more suitable for an occasional passenger. Sportsters make great solo bikes, and they are so dang nimble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDelaCruz View Post
Interesting, humor where I am from means its funny, thin skinned? Naw old nam vet told me growing up people call you a fag then you take them in the woods and make them swallow their own teeth.

That guy thought he was funny too... wonder whos sense of humor is more funny
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 09:57 PM

Heard guys rag on each others rides far worse than anything posted here. From the ever popular "Geezer Glide" , Don't ride in front of me parts are always falling off to "Did anyone live after riding this ?" quoted from my Grandfather Then everyone took off together.
Colt.45, RJ64 and Gorillathehun like this.

Stay Vertical

USAF Veteran, Patriot Guard Rider.
2009 Softail Custom in Vivid Black, 3"Slip ons, SE A/C Kit, Knight Rider Xieds, SE Compensator, Fork Brace and some more chrome to polish.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode