Tired of all the Sportster Hatorade - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum
 127Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 04:39 PM

Garage
Nothing wrong with a Sportster. I loved my 17 XL883N, I just was bedazzled when I found a Heritage in Olive Gold and got a great deal.

MikeP -
2019 Olive Gold/Black Tempest FLHC
2017 Billet Silver FLRT
2019 Wicked Red Denim FXBB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 09:23 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briano View Post

Tired of seeing all the hate of sporties online and ignorance of the most bulletproof Harley makes. I haven't written here in a looooong time and wanted to here from any of you riders. Especially from those Sportster riders who have compared all the styles and chose the "girl bike".
Your riding a Harley? Why would anyone buy one? Tired of all the hate?
Get over it!
If we were to listen to all the Harley haters everyone would be on a Wing or a Crotch Rocket. Whatever a person chooses to ride is entirely up to the one one the saddle. I have friends who I ride with, their rides: a 250 Ninja, another rides a Sporty, a group I ride with are 90% Wings, and Winged Trikes. One other rides an Ultra. My son rides a Honda 1800. I have owned Sportys and a FX now a Ultra. Its no ones business what I ride or why. Seriously, grow some hide or go kawasaki, who gives a eFF!

Scott
2014 Ultra Classic
All LED lighting otherwise bone stock.
K-I-S-S Keepin' It Simple Stupid.
USMC veteran.

Drinking and riding is fine ... just don't do it in that order
post #13 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 09:40 PM
Gypsy on Parade

@bobf I see you lurkin’. You know you want to...

Just say it.

Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle - Hunter S. Thompson

post #14 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 01:35 AM

Only person that can allow you to feel inferior about your choice is you. If you like the bike and it fits your needs, who gives a chit what other people think. I have a '19 Iron 883 that I love and may never get rid of, even if I do upgrade to something bigger someday.

You know when other people's opinion's matter to me? When they're paying the damn note, that's when.

Ride your bike. Enjoy life. Don't let the little chit get you down. You'll be happier and live longer.
priell3 likes this.

2019 HD Iron 883

US Army Veteran
Thank you to all that have, are, and will serve, both Military and Civil.
post #15 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 09:31 AM
JLR

I haven't ridden a sportster since around 1980 - 81. I didn't like them, as I didn't feel comfortable on them. Forks always seemed too vertical and distance from seat to bars was too short. They were a little on the top heavy side for my liking.

Having said that, I will say they had a loyal following and I can understand why some folks would really like them. Different strokes for different folks.

Jim

2007 FLHTCUSE2
S.E. 10.5:1 pistons, S.E. 251 cams, S.E. pro tuner
Big Sucker ll, Rinehart True Duals

1977 Triumph Bonneville Silver Jubilee - sold after 40 great years together

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
post #16 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 09:50 AM

Well I was going to let this pass, but. I've ridden for over 60 years, everything from a Whizzer to a Harley. In between there were German bikes, Austrian bikes, Japanese bikes, American bikes, Chinese bikes, everything, loved them all!! I rode ,( and still have), a Lifan LF250 Chinese 250 , that I have ridden over 80,000 miles, had to sell my Sportster, but had over 30000 miles on it. None of these bikes were perfect, but all were loved and all did the job.
DON'T LET ANYONE PUT DOWN YOUR BIKE, WHATEVER IT IS!
post #17 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 02:08 PM

Old friend was old school biker. Mentioned getting a Sporty. Gave me the look, scratched at his beard " Why do you want half a Harley? " RIP Virgil.
Smoketown$1 likes this.

Stay Vertical

USAF Veteran, Patriot Guard Rider.
2009 Softail Custom in Vivid Black, 3"Slip ons, SE A/C Kit, Knight Rider Xieds, SE Compensator, Fork Brace and some more chrome to polish.
post #18 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR View Post
I haven't ridden a sportster since around 1980 - 81. I didn't like them, as I didn't feel comfortable on them. Forks always seemed too vertical and distance from seat to bars was too short. They were a little on the top heavy side for my liking.

Having said that, I will say they had a loyal following and I can understand why some folks would really like them. Different strokes for different folks.
As much as I love my Iron, I'd totally agree with you on the parts I bolded. I definitely know that I'll get more comfortable with more seat time, but I'm definitely drawn to a Softail, Tourer, or Trike (only way wife will 2-up) as my next scoot.
JLR, priell3, Smoketown$1 and 1 others like this.

2019 HD Iron 883

US Army Veteran
Thank you to all that have, are, and will serve, both Military and Civil.
post #19 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 06:48 PM
V-Twin Junkie

I wanted a Sportster, so I bought one. I've ridden big twins, most recently a '15 Deluxe, and it was not my ideal bike. The Sporty hits all the right notes, and I have a long list of plans for it. Sportsters are the guardian angel of HD. Without 'em, the company probably would have folded long ago.
priell3 and Reformed Cager like this.
post #20 of 88 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 02:21 AM

Back in the day Angels rode quite a few Sporty Bikes. Not many comments about girlie bikes
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HELLS ANGELS (25).jpg
Views:	33
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	760007  

Attached Images

JPR, Colt.45, priell3 and 2 others like this.

Stay Vertical

USAF Veteran, Patriot Guard Rider.
2009 Softail Custom in Vivid Black, 3"Slip ons, SE A/C Kit, Knight Rider Xieds, SE Compensator, Fork Brace and some more chrome to polish.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Harley Davidson Forums: Harley Davidson Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode