Harley Davidson Forums banner

Tire life

3K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  jpassh2o 
#1 ·
Hello,
My ‘93 XL883 has 1775 miles. I’m taking it out of storage. Do I need to replace the original tires? Thanks , Scott

#7 ·
I gotta Pack of pork steaks from 1997 in bottom of deep freeze that over last four years may or may not had power disconnected for short period of time.

My question is not if the pork steaks are still good or not, but should I give to brother in law or ‘ I’m?

Reactions: Dan89flstc
#9 ·
Scrolling through eBay a while back, I ran across MC tires 25 years old for sale. For that "classic look" it said. Maybe for a classic dumb-a$$ but not for me. Geeeeesh

#12 ·
Make sure you don't make the common mistake of using metric air in those SAE tires.... While you are back there, check the turn signal fluid. Its just common sense

#17 ·
I have a buddy that used to work at a local auto repair joint and they would charge their customers to change out the "winter" air with "summer" air.
They had 2 air compressor tanks, one labeled summer and the other winter.......true story.

#14 ·
Not offended at all here .. Real Simple if the Tires are over 5 Years Old Riding on them may cost you your life due to dry rot over just time alone, even if they are brand new and were not mounted on the bike .. Now it's your call to ride with them or not.. No more silly questions for me thank you ..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.