Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i will maybe replace the stock suspension on my -07fxdc . Think 12" would be a good choce . Anybody have experience of ÖHLINS ? Compared too others fex. arnett , progressive susp.? erik

·
COB
1,984 Posts
There is no competitor for Ohlins. I used them on my racing dirt bikes when I could afford them. I imagine the same quality would hold true for their units that fit cruisers. I should expect they would be simpler and hopefully cheaper.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the replys ,as i suspected it is "top of the line"(made in Sweden):)
Anybody use them on a street driven Dyna ? What about 12" ?
Erik fxdc-07

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
If Ohlins made a unit for my bike, I'd want it.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Yeah, it is really the cost factor. I had a set of Ohlins forks that set me back over $3800. I think the shocks were like $1200 for a set.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ohlins ~ Penske shocks

We developed the Penske shocks for all HD's with the exception of the Softail. we are also a sales/service center for Ohlins in Florida. Both are excellent but the problem is with poor customer education and brand recognition. Search for available information from real customers and their personal experiences. People think Progressive & Works but there is no comparison between these offerings and a for real shock. Not even in the same solar system. Would you be happy if you bought a Progressive/Works than rode a Penske/Ohlins? Hell no! Spend time investing by educating yourself than invest in a product that will fulfill your requirements. They make quality shocks for Harleys but you will not find them advertised in magazines that put form (that does not work) before function (that does work). The Penske gives more value per dollar than an Ohlins with the same great performance in my experience but that is Your Choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts