Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear exhaust valve stuck open on start up..bang bang..bent valve..all happened last year once I got to Sturgis(I rode it there)so found swap meet head..put together ..sounded great.. for a little while...so now I'm doin it all..
Sent crank to rev performance in Iowa.gonna true, weld, balance, and upgrade to h-beam rods. Boring cylinders to 95". 37 gear drive Andrews cams. New fueling cam plate, oil pump, and lifters.. The bearings in the case were all good. Already a timkin bearing. Should I replace case bearings..

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'd be insane to not swap the case bearings while it's apart...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well its now a 95.. I sent my crank to revolution performance in baxter Iowa..upgraded to h beam rods..new bearings, balanced, trued, welded..new slightly used heads ( off an 05 street glide)..new cylinders and screaming eagle 95 pistons..new oil pump.. all new seals and bearings..37g grind andrews geardrive cams..and running great..got 1100 miles on it..and man these parts really like eachother, cause its running really good..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Might want to consider attending to the heads sometime.
A NH-based outfit just tuned a Mass. client's build we completed with our 98"/37 cam/Bassani RR/our heads to 110/110.
Andrews Products is going to recieve that dyno report.:know
Scott

·
Maddog
394 Posts
+1 on those 37Gs. I put them in my first FXST and it ran great with only a D&D pipe, SE
aircleaner, adjustable ignition and a 42 Mikuni. (no headwork or compression bump)

It would outrun my buddy's 110 Springer until it petered out in 5th. He could eventually
pass me over 100mph.

Scott's right about the head work, that would REALLY wake it up! I never got that far
on that bike b/c some dumb$hit took me out at an intersection. I did save the cams and
fueling support plate however.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts