Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks. I have a question concerning the E-Glide I just purchased. I would ask the previous Owner, but he is out of town doing HVAC work and I hate to bother a man on the job.

Having said all that, here is my question; On this bike, I see there are 2 Schrader Valves on the right rear fender brace...I assume these are for manually airing up the rear suspension. What puzzles me, is there are 2 plastic air lines running from the rear shocks to under the seat. Are these the supply lines from the Schrader valves to the shocks? I also have an air horn thats been installed...where does this air horn get it supply of air? Does the FLHTPI bikes come with an inboard air compressor? If so, can I install a switch to allow me to automatically change the ride height on the rear if I plumb it correctly?

Also, the extra switches on the bike, Aux, Pursuit and Siren..are these actually wired? Can I utilize them for other functions?

Thank for any responses...

·
Retired citizen
23,355 Posts
As far as the switches. If it's a retired cop bike the switches are still wired.
The two Schrader valves are for the front and rear air shocks, special no loss air pump/gauge used to adjust the pressure on those.
The air horn should have it's own pump, probably located someplace in the frame in front of the battery. Listen for it when you turn the ignition on. I wouldn't run the shocks off the air horn pump, could destroy the shock bladders.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Hard to tell from your avatar picture but if you still have the police seat, there is an air bladder beneath that to give extra cushion to the seat. This air line goes from the seat to an air canister/reservoir with a guage and fitting to add air. On the police models, this canister was originally located under a platform mounted above the rear fender (where your tour pack is located). Another source for your consideration is www.retirepolicebikes.com

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. Looks like the original seat isnt still on, its not a 1 piece 2-up seat with the King Tour Pack...but there is no air bladder.

Good to know the compressor for the air horn is not suitable for the suspension. Looks like I will dig into adding Air Ride as a stand alone modification. I think I should be able to wire it to the Pursuit Switch and have a little something different than others maybe...who knows.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts