Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a new Fueling oil pump and cams installed in the old girl. Since I've had it home from the shop I've put about 150 miles on it, including a 30 mile freeway ride and another 20 mile freeway ride. No problems at all up until today.

Today while riding with some friends on the freeway, my buddy tells me to pull over because I'm smoking pretty bad. We get to the side of the road and the back end and left side of the wheel is just covered in oil. I start looking in the usual places and I can't find the leak. I pull the left cover off and and I notice that the breather filter (someone ran an aftermarket breather system off the rocker boxes before I bought the bike) had oil dripping out of it. I start the bike and it starts coming out more. I checked the dipstick and it was halfway up the bar between full and add.

Decided to limp it home on surface streets. It never stopped leaking, but it definitely stopped spewing out as mach oil as it had on the freeway.

Has anyone else had a problem like this? I searched the forums but didn't find a solution.

I've talked with the shop that did the pump and cam install and their going to pick the bike up next week, but if it's something I can fix with a new valve or something I'd rather just do the work myself.

·
Just Ride
3,614 Posts
O ring at oil pump misaligned is probably the cause.

Reactions: v150super
1 - 4 of 4 Posts