Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing some winter work to my bike and my bike is up on the lift in the garage. I told you this so you would know which one is me in this fine report from a good friend of mine. I thought it was worth sharing. Classic if you ask me.

OK, here's the result of run '09 #1..... I go to the Bagel Cafe at 10:45, in bright warm sunshine, and order bacon and egg on a roll, and two cream cheese on flat bagesl, in case anyone shows, they wont have to wait on a long line.
I eat all 3 sandwiches waiting for ANYONE I know to show up.

This one has a bad shoulder, that one has a bad back, another one has his bike on the lift, another one has to work.

I leave for Oak Beach at 11:25.
Anton shows up to meet me at the bagel cafe at 11:30. I'm already gone, off into the sunshine for a run.
In the meantime, Im on the loop parkway and the sun goes behind the clouds... I prrrrrress on......

Just as I pass the sign saying "Leaving Jones Beach Park", renegade storm clouds start raining and hailing on me.
I beat a hasty retreat back to Long Beach but its too late. The rain and hail are miserable, but Im dressed for it.
The weather is still warm....so Im not having a bad time. Just a wet time.

The friggin renegade cloud follows me all the way back to the bagel cafe, and then goes out to sea, and the sun
comes out for the rest of the day. I must head home to change into dry pants and boots.

After passing the bagel cafe, I bump into fellow biker Dave Targansky, and we ride 1 mile together on E Park Ave,
where he has to veer off and get back to work.
So, at home, I hit the brandy bottle and the sun and dry pants & boots make everything better.
So it wasnt a total failure after all, cause there were faint signs of life in two other members of the posse.

Let's do better next time. By the way, everyone has a way out. You probably all were at Oak Beach [ ;o) ] , but
I never got there to take attendance.....so I cant prove you were NOT there. You all get a bye on this one.

BOBBY BLUES

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
EZE sounds like he had a good day compared to us.:nod

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I agree. I'm going to try and ride with him Wednesday. :ride

·
Registered
40 Posts
Did about 70 miles on Sat and the same on Sunday. Went all over Staten Island, then quick trip to Brooklyn, then fighting wind on the way back to SI over the Verrazzano. Rode to work yesterday and today. Tomorrow is going to rain though :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts