Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings...my 02 EG still has the stock radio and lately a problem has manifested itself...
While at idle, I can adjust the volume any direction and the sound is clear...but when at speed (RPMs over 2K, 2200), the sound starts to garble really bad...so bad that it's hard to tell whats playing...it does this whether it's in radio mode or with my phone tied in with a patch cable...I can clutch in and bring the RPMs down (still at speed) and the sound clears up, but when I release the clutch to re-engage, the garbles again...

Any ideas? Thanks in advance...

·
The Extreme Member
1,477 Posts
Did you try the diagnostics on the radio, it may need to have software upgraded

·
Banned
71 Posts
Greetings...my 02 EG still has the stock radio and lately a problem has manifested itself...
While at idle, I can adjust the volume any direction and the sound is clear...but when at speed (RPMs over 2K, 2200), the sound starts to garble really bad...so bad that it's hard to tell whats playing...it does this whether it's in radio mode or with my phone tied in with a patch cable...I can clutch in and bring the RPMs down (still at speed) and the sound clears up, but when I release the clutch to re-engage, the garbles again...

Any ideas? Thanks in advance...
Run the internal DTC's first. I'm thinking that the speed sensor has quit on you .

RadioSound will repair your head unit for one price .
RadioSound - Customer Service

·
Retired citizen
24,500 Posts
Maybe the wire harness is shorting to the inner fairing support or the radio heat sink. Common problem on that model.
Another problem common to that model is the inner fairing support brackets breaking up top just below the windshield.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.