Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I replace my rear tire to a Michilen com 11 ..140-90 16....the stock tire is a dumbflop mt90B16 or 130 90 16.... Thanks..

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looks like there is a lot of space between the fenders, belt guards and such? All the tire combo deals list 130 front 140 rear ?

·
Retired citizen
24,344 Posts
It's do-able. That equates to only an extra 5mm wider per side.
Measure from the belt to the sidewall, if more than 5mm the tire will fit.

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks...looks like plenty of room, but will go out there and do some more measureing and look some more..

·
Registered
612 Posts
Usual rule of thumb is you can go up one size from stock. I'm sure there are exceptions but I've yet to run into a problem with this.

·
245 Posts
If any of the measurements are even close, I would get someone else to measure while you sit on the bike, upright with your feet on the floor. You might notice less clearance on the belt guard, or belt to sidewall measurement. On the FLH you need to remove the lower belt guard to get the 140/85 to fit.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the input, haven't ordered the tires yet..going to recheck everything one more time...was pretty deep into an 18 pack on the first measurement...lol

·
245 Posts
Or, you weren't quite in deep enough. That would depend on what measurements you got, too much room or not enough! LOL

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts