Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took off the outer and inner primary last night and found that the shifter arm coming out of the tranny has all the splines worn out on it. It was getting loose and started wobbiling. My ? is how hard is it to get the shaft out of the case and does any one know the part # for it. I really need a break down for this tranny if any one has it. Thanks guys for the help in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well thanks for the help im going to harley to pick up the parts and a book in the morning. I think i can do it my self have never been this deep in one but its the only way to learn. I would rather spend the money on the tools than on the labor prices.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS FOR THE HELP i AM GOING TO HD DEALER TODAY THEY HAVE THE PARTS ON HAND AND THTE ARM WAS ONLY $40 AND THE MANUAL WAS $60. iM NOT SURE WHAT IT WILL TAKE BUT I THINK I CAN FIGURE IT OUT WITH A BOOK AND A FEW HOURS.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WELL i FINIFSHED IT LAST NIGHT NO SPECIAL TOOLS REQUIRED. NOT AS BAD AS I THOUGHT. I think I could do it in less than 6 hr on my next try. it took me 8 this time. but about 4 hours reading to see how it comes apart befor i even started.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts