Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 FLHPI Road King Police. It threw a code last week and then twice today. The code is historic and not active, light comes on, goes out, comes back on for 8 seconds.

I've followed the sticky directions with the jumper on pins 1 and 2 without success several times. I have also checked the codes by holding the reset button while turning on the ignition and all are reading clear.

Are there any other ways to check my codes?

Also, to make sure I'm doing this correctly, pin 1 is a green wire with red stripe and pin 2 is black.

Thanks,

Mike

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I did some searching in the service manual and it gave a different procedure for EFI bikes.

ImageUploadedByMO Free1409615911.085524.jpg
ImageUploadedByMO Free1409615919.020079.jpg
ImageUploadedByMO Free1409615927.010582.jpg

However this procedure isn't working either. Anyone have advice or is the dealership the only way to find out what my problem might be?

Mike

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't enter diagnostic mode

I posted this in electrical and didn't get any response.

I have a 2003 FLHPI, the check engine light has come on while riding on two different days recently and there are codes stored in memory. I tried the jumper on pins 1 and 2 of the diagnostic plug with no success. I checked the service manual with has a different procedure for EFI bikes.
ImageUploadedByMO Free1409674982.707284.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1409674989.995106.jpg

I have also tried this several times without any success. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Retired citizen
23,667 Posts
That's the procedure. I don't understand why you aren't coming up with codes. Make sure the jumper is connected to pins 1 and 2, the connector has the numbers on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts