Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get rid of the visor that is over the headlight. The issue that this causes is that the headlight is mounted to said visor. Has anybody done this before and found a way to mount the headlight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
A picture is worth a thousand words... For the life of me, i can not visualize what you are seeing..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This visor bolts to the top triple tree. The lamp housing is bolted to the visor

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Now i get it! Those two allen bolts are the only thing holding the chrome visor on. It has nothing to do with the head lamp. I removed the one on my wife's Sporty, to install a windshield. But i didn't have the indicator light console to deal with. The Sportster Custom has those lights in a the handlebar riser. That may be an option for you. I must tell you that all the wiring that go through the riser tower for those indicator lights, is a real PIA to deal with! I warned ya! I will edit this post in a couple min. with pics; so you can see what i'm sayin' BTW The 03 Sporty C has the same set-up as her '17. I did a lot of work on my friends '03! I know that bike well...

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I tried to take a pic from the front. That smoke windshield said no way!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now i get it! Those two allen bolts are the only thing holding the chrome visor on. It has nothing to do with the head lamp. I removed the one on my wife's Sporty, to install a windshield. But i didn't have the indicator light console to deal with. The Sportster Custom has those lights in a the handlebar riser. That may be an option for you. I must tell you that all the wiring that go through the riser tower for those indicator lights, is a real PIA to deal with! I warned ya! I will edit this post in a couple min. with pics; so you can see what i'm sayin' BTW The 03 Sporty C has the same set-up as her '17. I did a lot of work on my friends '03! I know that bike well...
View attachment 788031
View attachment 788032
View attachment 788033
My headlamp is bolted to the visor. I just changed out the light to an LED and figured to make it easier I would remover the visor. The lamp housing is definitely bolted to the visor.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I see it now. The Sporty mounts the headlamp bucket upside down from yours. Here's a couple picture, in case you want to try that route:

It uses that aluminum standoff down to the lower triple tree.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts