Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my fuel tank and I see some folks are advertising their tanks specifically as Fuel Injected ( oppose to carb).

According to one Harley dealer parts dept I talked to, there is no difference in the part numbers between a 2004 and a 2005 nor is there a separate part number for EFI. Having said that, his book only identifies a Carb unit and does not refer to EFI at all.

Any input???

thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yep, a fuel injection tank is going to have a fuel pump assembly and no petcock. Without modification gravity feed and fuel injection tanks are not interchangeable.

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
I dont have a clue but I did take the tank off my 07 ultra to build lifts for it. From what I saw the same tank could be used either way. Aside from the crossover tubes there is only one hole in the bottom that could accept either the pressurized fuel line for EFI or a petcock. Maybe the gapping hole in the top in the console area might be different? But looking at it from a production stand point it would be far easier for HD to make one tank to fit all than tool for two different tanks. Maybe aftermarkets dont think that way or have taken a shortcut.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts