Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swapped out handlebars with internal wiring and apparently didn't cover the wires good enough. Put everything back together but no cruise, signals, horn, etc. and the security lamp would stay on. Thought the wires on left side handlebars might be the problem so I wiggled them around for awhile and Zha-zham everything worked. Put everything back together and now everything works but NO turn signals. Checked fuse box and everything looks good--HELP!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dave63, yes the bars are dimpled and I tucked the wires into them. I have taken the wires apart and back together about 5 times now and am getting pretty good with the Deutch pins and combinations, lots of fun:banghead Interesting that all other electrical components work except the turn signals. I even bought a new turn signal switch today and replaced the old one that was a bit pinched (even though it showed continuity). I read where the TSSM will disable a circuit that has become open or short but will clear itself after 50 starts:confused: As soon as I hit one of the turn signal switches the Security lamp light comes on and stays on until I shut 'er down and restart.

·
Registered
20 Posts
New to the forum but I come w/a 06 wiring diagram. I'm fairly confident the 05 and 06 wiring for the turn signal system are the same. I agree w/Dave63, you traped a wire somewhere. There is a O/W (orange w/white tracer) fed wire for both turnsignal switches. The r/turn lamp is fed by a BN (brown) wire. L/turn lamp is fed by a V (violet) wire. It appears the O/W is the power feed for the turnsignals, horn & stop lamp switch (front brake). If only one turn signal is being affected i.e. right - suggest you careflly trace the BN wire from the switch into the headlamp bucket. If you want to isolate the handlebar wiring from the turn lamp disconnect the 6 pin connector in the headlamp bucket for the front lamps. It will have the following wire colors - Cavity 1 -BK (black), Cavity 2 - BN (brown), Cavity 5 - V (violet) & Cavity 6 - BK (black).

Hope that helps.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts