Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, new to forum and Harleys. Bought an 05 roadking custom with about 14000 on it. Has Rhinehart true duals and a screaming eagle efi tuner. Been noticing some popping whenever I downshift and even now upshifting. Was reving a bit high at light, goosed throttle and bike stalled, started right back though. Plugs looked pretty white around tips, any ideas?

·
Banned
71 Posts
Hey all, new to forum and Harleys. Bought an 05 roadking custom with about 14000 on it. Has Rhinehart true duals and a screaming eagle efi tuner. Been noticing some popping whenever I downshift and even now upshifting. Was reving a bit high at light, goosed throttle and bike stalled, started right back though. Plugs looked pretty white around tips, any ideas?
Fuel/air is running a 'lil lean................ try using a fuel manager on it , PowerCommander comes to mind .

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
I agree. I have Rinehart true duals and the SE intake with a K&N filter element on my '04 RK. When I installed the Power Commander III USB fuel manager and downloaded the correct map, it minimized all the decel/upshift popping to a negligible point (very seldom occurence). And it runs great!

--

Reactions: scspartan

·
Registered
986 Posts
Since you have the Screaming Eagle tuner on it, you just need to get a different map on it.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
If it is a Screamin Eagle box, the dealer has to tune it. (I think.)

On my PC III, i was able to download a map on my laptop from the website that was pre-written for my combination of exhaust and intake mods. Eazy peazey. And those guys were extremely helpful and supportive on the phone.

--

1 - 6 of 6 Posts