Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to FI so these may be dumb questions. Just got a 2005 Ultra Classic. PO had SE slip ons and air cleaner installed at the dealer from new but doesn't know what they did, if anything, to programming. There is no external "box" added to it. Could the dealer have just re-programmed the ECM without any add-on module? If so, how can I tell. Even if they did, can I just add a Power Commander (or other) and use a downloaded tune? My concern is that it pops a lot on decel and I couldn't find any intake or exhaust leaks. Don't want it running too lean.
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Thanks. If the dealer did do any ECM changes, would it hurt if I add the Power Commander?
The Power Commander will remap the ECM with a map that should optimize power and get rid of some or all of the decal popping by enriching the F/A mixture. I'm not really familiar with the Power Commander (I have V&H FP3) but I would guess there is a feature that saves the current map so if you should have to go back to that map for some reason it's there to reflash the ECM.

For definitive answers I'd give Revzilla a call. They should be familiar with your bike and be able to answer any questions you have about Power Commander.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts