Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm becoming the proud owner of an 06 Deuce sometime this week..and I have some questions. Frist Question is, how big of a front tire can I put on this thing? My dad has an 08 fat bob and I love it. Second question, how much is a big bore kit going to cost me? I want at least 1550cc engine. Third question, since it's fuel injected with comp. system....do I have to have a program to change fuel mapping etc... I'm sorry so many questions...but I'm new to this. I have a diesel pickup that I know a lot about...but not bikes yet. Also, does anyone know of any flaws the deuce has that I should watch out for? Fill me in on everything.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Hey no use,

The limiting factor on how wide of a front tire you can use is the distance between the forks. You can get custom triple trees to increase the distance between the forks.

I'm not sure about the price of a big bore kit but it's up there.

The EFI system can be adjusted with the addition of a fueler/tuner sold by several companies including Harley, PCIII, and others.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
8 Posts
About the 1550

Harley offers 2 different 1550 engine kits - Stage 1 and Stage II for EFI models. Stage 1 will run you $640 for the kit plus installation. Stage II will run you about $350 more than Stage 1. I prefer installing a race tuner which Harley sells to dial it all in which costs about $450+ installation.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for the replies. I found a local guy who works on everyones Harleys....In fact they are the only bike he'll work on. So he told me about 850 with installation....not too bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts