Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '06 Electraglide and was wondering if I can leave the Tourpack mount but remove the chrome bar that wraps around over the fender connecting the left and right side. Going for a cleaner look. Thx.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes, you can remove the bar and just get the quick detachable tourpack hardware kit for the tourpack. When you remove the bar you will take away the brackets that help attach the fender on both sides to the struts. So you will either need to make some new brackets for both sides or you can do what I did and buy LED "Shotgun lights" that have the brackets built in to them. This also gives you an extra set of tail lights and brake lights. They look great installed. Here is the link to the shotgun lights:

Auto Gem LED Lights

Here is my bike with them installed:

·
Registered
192 Posts
You can cut it with a hacksaw and install leds as suggested or metal cap plugs. Remove it totally and install the "license plate bar eliminator brackets". That's what they're for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.