Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 VRSCSE2, I'm looking for suggestions, pictures, from anyone who has changed out their stock exhaust.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Exhaust

Hi
What is it that you looking for?? 2-1 or what!! We can upload some pics. Just gotta find the camera.

Hope you enjoy being on the site as much as I have thus far!!
Cheers

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most likely a 2 into 1. I want performance first, but the look is of course important as well. I like the Fass pipe, and I like the SuperTrapp. What do you have?

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Barry... Many good exhaust systems out there. Of the 2-1 variety there is at least the CFR, the Rinehart's, and the Thunderheaders. Maybe the D&D's are 2-1 as well? Each of these would deliver the nums.

Of the preceding, the exhaust intriguing me are the Supertrapps. I may get their new slip-ons for the DX. Have never owned Supertrapps, and maybe I'm just interested in change, but I want to explore their tunable disk technology, permitting one to quickly add/subtract disks to alter the volume and tone of the exhaust note. Many V-Rod's with aftermarket exhausts have a great note at idle, but at speed and under load, the note can be loud/harsh. Becomes tedious quickly. Well, maybe this is me :).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve,

I have first hand knowledge of the Supertrapp, my neighbor (by the way, he's the one that just purchased the new S) has an 05 VRSCSE, and has had the Supertrapp for nearly a year. It looks great, sounds great (IMO), and makes power. One thing I will not do, is put something on a bike just to make noise, there has to be an enhancement in the bottom end, mid-range etc., before it interests me in any way. That being said, the Supertrapp being tunable is a definite plus.

If you'd like pictures of his bike or any other info about it, let me know. I was just looking for any other viable alternatives before making my decision. But the Supertrapp will probably be the one for me as well, it makes power, and has a nice tone without being obnoxious & setting off car alarms etc.

Barry

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
I'm probably going Supertrapp's (slip-ons) for the DX. Both mufflers will have the tunable disks. The product is brand new, not shipping until May, but they will have a nice black ceramic version, matching the sinister DX. Hey, I'm all about form, not function. Hahahaha.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was wondering if Supertrapp was going to do a system in black for the V-Rod, now I have my answer. Looking forward to seeing it on your bike.

Barry

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice, keeping with the ominous look, yet better sound and performance to boot, Win...Win, and Win.

Where did you find that photo? I looked at Supertrapp's site and didn't see anything.

Barry

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Ooooo... I like that word "ominous". Reminds me what I say to my wife sometimes when I'm heading out for a ride, "Time to go scare women and children". :)

True, the pics are not at their web site. Guess this is because it isn't a shipping product yet. I had an email exchange with Supertrapp initiated when I asked a question, and during the exchange the representative emailed me the image above. They also are coming out with a chromed version.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The first time I laid eyes upon the VRSCDX, that was the first thought that came to mind...Ominous, then...no, you can't have it.

I'm looking forward to the release of the new Supertrapp, keep me informed. The chrome version could likely end up on mine, that is if they have a version that will replace the "Betty Boop" cans that my bike has.

Barry

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
You know Barry... I'm still getting acquainted with the DX, given the winter we had here, and tonight took a 40 mile pre-din spin (Brief report here). There's some authority with this stock exhaust -- finer than what came with the '03 VRSCA, and I do like the looks. I might give this exhaust a chance and hold off on ordering the Supertrapps for awhile. I'll let you know if I need a nudge off the fence -- if you know what I mean :).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Steve,

I also like the stock look of the VRSCDX, as long as the stock exhaust is meeting your needs, then I guess there's no need to fix what isn't broken.

BUT....on the other hand, the Supertrapps look MEAN, and then there's the sound (my neighbors bike has an uh...authoritive sound, without being obnoxious, sounds great), and then there's the bottom end and mid-range power & torque increase.

You have time to think it over, let me know when you need the nudge.

Barry

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Barry, Just as I sat down on the fence, along came a wind gust this morning... lost my balance, and I fell off. When I looked up there was a cell phone lying there in the grass with Supertrapp on the speed dial. Well, I called the number and it went straight to a direct sales extension. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Phhewww, that was a close call, but I had a feeling you'd do it. I'd hate for you to use a nudge on something so obvious...you realize that you only get one nudge per calendar year, right?

So when do they arrive?

Barry

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Late April or early May. Direct from the source. So, did you order the Supertrapps 2-1?

Oh, and hey wait a minute... have you been riding with the stock exhaust on your '06 VRSCE2 for awhile? Is someone a little patient on the "obvious"? Ha! :)

Nice K12S wheels by the way.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Steve,

I haven't ordered anything yet, now I'm going to wait for the system you ordered to be offered in chrome. Do you know if they will be offered for the VRSCSE?

I like the 2 into 1, but I'm intrigued by your set-up, looking forward to the photos.

Yes, I'm a bit slow to rectify the goofy looking stock exhaust, I never have really cared for the look. Looks like an exhaust system from "ToonTown" that Roger Rabbit would have been proud of. It's just too bulky for me, I'd like to have something that would allow the big chrome wheel and swingarm to be seen.

I'm pleased with the look of the K12S wheels, thanks for the comments.

Barry

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Barry...

Have a pic of the brushed aluminum cans below. My mistake... not chrome, and my guess is they would only work with the DX and the Street Rod... which have similar exhausts, but not the A, B, or SE.

They look nice but have gone with the "ominous" :) black cans.

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Steve,

From looking at the photo, I had a feeling they were not going to work for me. I may order the 2 into 1 and be done with it, looks nice, but I'm still curious about the Fass system, it really looks cool and is short enough to show off the wheel and swingarm....but I hear that it's loud, just not into the obnoxious noisy stuff.

You ordered the correct setup for your bike, Black is the only way to go, it completes the look of the bike. You'll be very happy with the Black Trapp's, and you did it on your own without a nudge.

Barry

1 - 19 of 19 Posts