Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have been thinking about doing that myself but I want to be able to switch back to the stock windshield from time to time. Memphis shades uses their own locking mechanism and the stock windshield will no longer work without additional parts. Hoppe Industries says that their setup uses the stock mounts so switching back and forth should be easy.

The Hoppe is more expensive but has a glove box option. One of fiberglass and the other a different material that they say needs special care when cleaning.

There are several more out there but they all come with radios and are ovwr $1800. I do not care about the radio so the extra cost is not worth it to me.

I was talking to a few mechanics that mentioned that the front forks on the Road King are not setup to take the different drafts of a batwing. There is some sort of a stop in the fork to prevent it from extending up too far in a head wind causing loss of control. They reccomended having the forks rebuilt if you add a batwing (not sure if this is actually true or just a gimmick to get money).

Joshua

·
Registered
93 Posts
Let me know if you find out anything different on the need to rebuild the front end. I have not had time to ask anyone else and the extra cost is deterring me from doing it.

Joshua

1 - 6 of 6 Posts