Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: There are one or more open safety recalls or product improvement campaigns on your vehicle. The following list contains the campaign number and a brief description:

0903: TORQUE SMOOTHING CALIBRATION

We strongly urge you to take your motorcycle to your dealer to have the appropriate service performed as soon as possible. Should you choose to ride your motorcycle prior to this service, we urge you to be aware of this condition. Please see your local Harley-Davidson dealer for further details.

Went by Earl Smalls HD in Marietta this am, and printed out the recall. They didn’t know a thing about it, but the service manager and warranty personal sure did give it a going over and were still taking about when I left. Had some skull covers installed while they redid the stock download with what they told me was the new one. Hmm time will tell, and there is nothing worst that a Indian on the warpath without his horse to ride, lol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
A friend of mine just picked up his 07 yesterday (Nov 25). They told him that than his bike had the change made in production All November production was corrected - It is a reflash of the ecu (???) to make the bike run a little richer, stop detonation and run a little cooler. I was at my dealer yesterday and they also had not received the info yet....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Got the Official letter today

Got the official recall letter in the mail today. the MOCO is calling it a product enhancement!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got the letter too....of course my pipes had blued in 2 days of riding because the stock setup was so [email protected]#$%^g lean. Fixed it with aftermarket parts. [email protected]#$%^g MOCO....spend over 20 grand and get a bike so lean.....then they enhance/fix it ....what a bunch of Massengills....good thing I like the brand I guess.

Uptown

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had it done to my stock Dyna a couple of weeks ago. I can't say that I notice any difference but I was told that at the very least, I may see a little better gas mileage. We shall see...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had the "product enhancement done last week. I noticed that the bike is much smoother in 6th gear around 60 MPH...No more lugging feeling. Also seems to be more responsive in 2nd gear. To cold to tell about how the heat issue is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts