Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. So I'm new to the whole bike scene. I bought an 07 sportster 1200 xl custom. And it ran great for a while then Started to skip on cold start. It would run for 5 seconds skip run for another 5 and skip then that would be it for the whole day until I started it in the morning. Now I've got a code po505 which is the IAC sensor which I replaced and erased the code and it ran fine for a little bit but now the engine light is back on and it says the same code. The engine light comes on 3 seconds after starting the bike and stays on for about 5 seconds and that's it till you start the bike again. And after riding it for about 30 minutes or more at 50 mph or more it will idle high when you slow down until you come to a complete stop and then it idles normal. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Did you replace the IAC valve? You said you replaced the IAC sensor?

If you replaced the valve, then check the wiring to the valve for a loose connection or a bad/ broken connection/wire.

BYW you can clean the valve, with spray carburetor cleaner.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasn't aware that there was a valve I just replaced the whole thing that goes on top of the intake that has two bolts holding it in. Where is the valve?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts