Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
07 Street Glide
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
07 Street glide gauges not working...All my gauges speedo, Tach, Oil, Volts, air even Neutral, batt light in small window does not work Lights to speedo and tach work all other gauge lights do not..Checked and replaced fuses pulled and checked main wiring connector..disconnected and reconnected batt. Any Ideas What May be causing this issue? worked fine last year 1st ride this year and that is what i'm facing, Thanks

·
Kicking Rocks...
11,125 Posts
Did you turn it to run?

·
Banned
71 Posts
07 Street glide gauges not working...All my gauges speedo, Tach, Oil, Volts, air even Neutral, batt light in small window does not work Lights to speedo and tach work all other gauge lights do not..Checked and replaced fuses pulled and checked main wiring connector..disconnected and reconnected batt. Any Ideas What May be causing this issue? worked fine last year 1st ride this year and that is what i'm facing, Thanks
Ground from triple tree to frame is bad ............... maybe :dunno

·
07 Street Glide
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It starts runs fine, have dash lights to the speedo and tach the rest are out..But speedo and tach are not working, as well as the rest of the guages.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Harness sounds unplugged.

Grounds are all internal, nothing to the tree as batwing is plastic.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I had the same issue with my 2006 Street Glide. All the fuses were good etc. I left my key on for a minute and when checking my fuses yet again one was hot. I found that one side of the connector where you plug the fuse into was not snapped in holder. So as I push the fuse into place only one side of the fuse was properly connecting and the other side or blade on the fuse was just pushing the connector back. I was able to reach behind the fuse block and push the loose side in until it clicked and locked into place. The fuse then made a good connection on both sides and my gauges worked.

I took it a bit further and purchased electrical contact cleaner and cleaned all the fuse slots. Good luck.

·
Retired citizen
23,358 Posts
Remove the outer fairing and check the wire harness and inner fairing vertical support brackets. Supports were breaking and the harness shorted out on supports. Also the harness can short out by the radio heat sink.

Reactions: 04BigDog

·
Registered
80 Posts
Take a look at the pic I attached. Look for the highlighted 1. This is the connector you're going to look at. Remove your outer fairing if its not already. Disconnect the highlighted connector. Look to see if it's dirty, look to see if the wires are all firmly placed in the connector. Next if you have a test light or a multi-meter you'll turn on your ignition switch on as if you're going to start the bike. Don't start it. Check pin 1 for voltage from the main harness. It's an orange wire. Do you have voltage at this pin?

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Up inside the back bone where they all connect behind the grommet is a plug that is riveted to the frame..that might of came loose

·
07 Street Glide
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Take a look at the pic I attached. Look for the highlighted 1. This is the connector you're going to look at. Remove your outer fairing if its not already. Disconnect the highlighted connector. Look to see if it's dirty, look to see if the wires are all firmly placed in the connector. Next if you have a test light or a multi-meter you'll turn on your ignition switch on as if you're going to start the bike. Don't start it. Check pin 1 for voltage from the main harness. It's an orange wire. Do you have voltage at this pin?
I will do that as soon as possible it's -3 deg here now so it's on hold...but ty so much

·
07 Street Glide
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
do you have the list of what the #'s are on the diagram? Thank you

1 - 20 of 45 Posts