Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 08 Road King and the PO = previous owner included a smart siren for the bike.

So I open up the box and the instructions have nothing about the ABS touring model.

So does anyone know where it mounds ( under the ABS unit?) or possibly inder the ECM unit under the seat?

TIA,
John

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
Under the left side cover right in front of the fuse panel, should be a empty slot and a plug laying around with nothing to do that should fit your siren

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know I tried and tried to fit the siren in there but the two plastic retaining clips seem not to move enough to allow the siren to snap in place. I know for sure that I have the correct siren as this was purchased from the same dealer who originally sold the bike?

Should the lower clip be removed? It seems if that was removed that the unit would snap right in and you could secure it with a zip tie.

TIA,
John

Under the left side cover right in front of the fuse panel, should be a empty slot and a plug laying around with nothing to do that should fit your siren

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks but already saw them and tried installing the siren that way and the lower plastic clip promptly cracked off. Bad freaking design:eek: So I just used the top clip and zip tied the lower part of the siren.

Its up and running now.

John

Just stumbled across this may take awhile to load, big ass pics but it should help you finish

http://www.hdforums.com/m_2674322/tm.htm

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
Thanks but already saw them and tried installing the siren that way and the lower plastic clip promptly cracked off. Bad freaking design:eek: So I just used the top clip and zip tied the lower part of the siren.

Its up and running now.

John
You still got waruntee? bitch loud and they'll replace the affected part for ya.
They should it wont cost them anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts