Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever remove your baffles from e-glide,if so did you like the results ? or if you see this Dave, did you ever do this for a costumer?

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Not on an E-glide, Craiger........

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you think it could f,up warranty ?

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
do you think it could f,up warranty ?

Well......it's hard to say. Did you successfully gut them? I ask, because the worst case scenerio would be if you created a blockage.

I see guys selling stock cans all the time. Pick up another set.... or replace them with aftermarkets.

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No haven't performed surgery yet,just kickin it around,before i go get some ovals or somthin..have custom made head pipes for true duals gettin coated,just thinkin ahead & wonderin...

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Personally: I'd replace them.

The Glide cans are larger, longer and use some thinner materials to save weight. This opens you up to more chances of failures in the process of trying to make them "better".

Just my $0.02.....

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Personally: I'd replace them.

The Glide cans are larger, longer and use some thinner materials to save weight. This opens you up to more chances of failures in the process of trying to make them "better".

Just my $0.02.....
Thanx Dave,proly just wait & get the cans i want,:thumb

·
Registered
102 Posts
Not to make a sales pitch but I got a set of stock touring mufflers with the catalyst removed. Theyre a little louder than stock but not as loud as after market. They were on my street glide for about 200 miles if you are interested pm me. I take 5o bucks for them.

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not to make a sales pitch but I got a set of stock touring mufflers with the catalyst removed. Theyre a little louder than stock but not as loud as after market. They were on my street glide for about 200 miles if you are interested pm me. I take 5o bucks for them.
I'd prolly get em just to see wtf ,but i'm pretty far here by the time you ship em and everythin,it'll be cheaper to try find some locally,but thanx for the offer,although i have no idea how much to send here ???

·
Registered
3 Posts
increasing the flow

I picked up a set of mufflers from an ultra from a guy at work. They were new take offs. After looking them over I opened them up a little. the sound isn't to loud and sound quite good. I am pleased with the results. Kent

·
Registered
146 Posts
How did you open them up? I have an extra set of mufflers I got from a guy at work from a 2009 Road glide. One side looks really easy to gut. The other looks more difficult.

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't recomend using the stockers if you do true duals,they aren't baffled the same lt./rt, and sound like sh!t.If you plan on true duals plan on slip-ons.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts