Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
OMR
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought you might like a look at my 08 nightster. Put the stage one upgrade with Black V/H pipes, black SE heavy breather and the race tuner. Bike sounds so much better with the V/H versus the factory pipes.

Attachments

·
Out Riding
477 Posts
Looks great.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
You can actually HEAR the Bike running with the V/H versus the factory pipes.
Fixed that for you. :thumb

Nice bike. The orange with black pipes looks good.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Here's my '08 Nightster, affectionately named "Junior." I changed out the bars, put forward controls on it, changed the grips and pegs, changed the front turn signals to gray lenses with orange bulbs, and put the SE black ceramic pipes with midnight gray wrap on the header pipes. LOVE the look and LOVE the sound! At the end of the month when I get my bonus check from work, I'm putting on the Stage 1 kit and will install the download.

I just love this bad-ass little bike!

Attachments

·
OMR
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Really like the dark look of the bike. And the wrap on the pipes is a great touch.

·
OMR
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just mini ape hangers, billet style by the grips.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The bars are H-D brand mini-apes, and the grips are also H-D grips. I put them on when I bought the bike in August 2007 - right after the 2008 model year bikes came out - and I chose the ones that had the least amount of chrome in them to keep with the 'dark' styling of the bike. Same thing with the pegs.

And, wouldn't you know it, two months later Harley comes out with the all-black grips and pegs specifically for the Nightster and the Cross Bones.

Oh, well...not too crazy about the desing of them anyway!

·
Registered
317 Posts
In the H-D Parts and Accessories catalogue. It's the black detachable luggage rack, and you have to buy the mounts separately. The whole thing will run you about $150, and the mounts take about fifteen minutes to put on. Easy!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey everyone, new guy from Michigan. Just gettin around to getting my nightster out and wondering about a different seat. Like the stock seats looks but my ass has a different opinion. I am 6ft tall and already have forward controls. Will be puttin mini apes on at some point. Will the mini apes help at all or am I stuck finding someone to make me a custom seat? Would like to be back another inch or two. Been scanning the site for a day or two and finding some pretty good info in here, might have to hang around this one for awhile.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts