Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 08 road king and i was wanting some exhaust for it . i was told if i went with the thunderheader slip ons i do not have to remap the computer is this true..

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
'08RK... When I placed the Supertrapp slip-ons on the RK here I asked the service gang at the dealer about this. My personal experience on a number of makes is FI can typically handle a slip-on only mod OK. It is when the air intake or headers are changed where the FI can be "challenged". The dealer response was they have seen bikes come in for slip-ons only and leave in fine shape after some testing, and they've seen bikes come in for the same with it clear an FI remap would be helpful.

Perhaps you could try the Thunderheader slip-ons and see how they perform. Is there major backfiring? Are there other indications? FWIW, the Supertrapp SE's (Were the Screaming Eagle touring slip-on source) have worked fine here without any need to tweak the FI.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Fuel Moto handles the Supertrapp mufflers and also offers package deals on the PCIII and breather. A very good company!

'08RK... When I placed the Supertrapp slip-ons on the RK here I asked the service gang at the dealer about this. My personal experience on a number of makes is FI can typically handle a slip-on only mod OK. It is when the air intake or headers are changed where the FI can be "challenged". The dealer response was they have seen bikes come in for slip-ons only and leave in fine shape after some testing, and they've seen bikes come in for the same with it clear an FI remap would be helpful.

Perhaps you could try the Thunderheader slip-ons and see how they perform. Is there major backfiring? Are there other indications? FWIW, the Supertrapp SE's (Were the Screaming Eagle touring slip-on source) have worked fine here without any need to tweak the FI.

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
No remapping needed on most slip-on's.

It's a must if you change your air breather.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I put on the pythons, They were not to expensive, I think they were around $325. They have a nice rumble at low idle, but have a real bark when you get on it. :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2005 Road King Custom (carberated) and just put on Vance and Hines slip ons. They are really load and the bike runs great. My question is do I have to jet that carb?

·
Registered
24 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts