Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
want some bad ass sound for the stock 08 king( have screaming eagles now and are toooo quiet) thinking Thunderheader 2-1, D&D fat cat 2-1, or V&H tru duels w/Thunder header mufflers. any opinions would help. also going to upgrade air cleaner and dyno it.....thanks

·
Registered
259 Posts
My ride is a 08 Road King as well. I considered a bunch of pipes that I listened to and narrowed it down to Rineharts or BUB 7s. They both have a nice deep throaty sound. The Rineharts are louder. I went with the BUB 7 true duals, a SEST and stage 1 air intake upgrade. All to be installed and the bike dynoed in the spring when I can ride to the dealer.:USA:

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
V&H should have a choice of baffles for quiet or loud. Or at least I thought they did...

·
Registered
317 Posts
If you want loud with the traditional "Harley" sound, then Rhineharts are pretty good. If you want the traditional sound with not quite so much volume, then I'd recommend the Vance and Hines True Duals. I had those on my Heritage, and loved them!

·
Just Ride
239 Posts
sound

I really liked RH true duals great sound and really didn't sound to loud at low rpms just deep but if ya get on it they open up :nod . I lost a little at low rpm but top end was good, Oh this was on 06 RKC stage 1 and high flow air filter. Now have a 07 ultra classic and they will be at the top of the list. Got to love the sound but try to keep it to reasonable. thats me

D

·
Registered
259 Posts
I can't comment on the performance aspect of the BUB 7s yet. I purchased them, a SEST and a Stage 1 kit on sale at the dealer in mid-December. Install is not until Spring time when I can ride into the dealer for install and dyno tuning (If I'm lucky 4 - 6 weeks). I heard the BUB 7s on a touring model and really liked their deep throaty sound. Almost identical to Reinharts but a bit quieter. The Reinharts are really loud, and I am sure my neighbors would agree. One of the parts guys at my HD dealer was good enough to take me into the service area where I was able to listen to many different pipes before picking the BUB 7s. :USA:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have an 08 RKC, we've been having some really hot days out here and I'm finding the cross over pipe is causing some discomfort for my passengers. If I get rid of the cross over pipe and put true duals on, what effect will it have on the, what I'm guessing is the emission control valve past the halfway point on the right hand pipe? When I give it some you hear the valve open up and the exhaust note gets louder on the right hand side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts