Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, new to the forums and a new, first time HD owner. Bought a '08 Sportster 1200C Anniversary Edition. Took the bike out for the first extended run this past Monday, and first thing I noticed was the seat needs replaced. The bike still has the OE, two-tone fast back style seat, and it's just killing my tail-bone.

Here's what I'm looking for. Comfort, but don't want the seat to raise me up, nor push me forward.
I'm 5'9", 250. I would really like the seat to allow me to sit back further if possible.
So far, my best option seems to be the Mustang Vintage Solo, but there are mixed reviews on if the seat moves riders up and or forward. Some say that the seat pull them further back, which is what I want.

Any advice is highly appreciated!

·
Trashy Member
4,478 Posts
Mustang seats are great. All my wife and I have on our bikes. At your height and weight I'd think about getting a bigger bike sometime soon. Call Mustang and tell them your dilemma and they will help you.

·
Keeper Of The Kept.
824 Posts
Hey All, new to the forums and a new, first time HD owner. Bought a '08 Sportster 1200C Anniversary Edition. Took the bike out for the first extended run this past Monday, and first thing I noticed was the seat needs replaced. The bike still has the OE, two-tone fast back style seat, and it's just killing my tail-bone.

Here's what I'm looking for. Comfort, but don't want the seat to raise me up, nor push me forward.
I'm 5'9", 250. I would really like the seat to allow me to sit back further if possible.
So far, my best option seems to be the Mustang Vintage Solo, but there are mixed reviews on if the seat moves riders up and or forward. Some say that the seat pull them further back, which is what I want.

Welcome from San Antonio Texas. I have the same bike. Let me know what you end up with on the seat. Thinking about changing mine out also.

·
Keeper Of The Kept.
824 Posts

I'm leaning towards this one:

Wide Touring One-Piece Studded Seat - Harley-Davidson XL Sportster 76142 | Mustang Motorcycle Seats

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
I have the two piece studded mustang seat. Very comfortable and durable. It did pull me back a couple of inches which is what I was looking for. The passenger seat is a different story. It started to split at the seams a couple of months after I bought it. Mustang repaired it with no questions asked. The same issue is happening again. Only on the passenger seat.

·
Keeper Of The Kept.
824 Posts
I have the two piece studded mustang seat. Very comfortable and durable. It did pull me back a couple of inches which is what I was looking for. The passenger seat is a different story. It started to split at the seams a couple of months after I bought it. Mustang repaired it with no questions asked. The same issue is happening again. Only on the passenger seat.

Is the two piece bassically like the one piece size wise? I'm hoping it will pull me back a couple of inchs as well. Hopefully I won't have the same problem with the stitching on the one piece.

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
Is the two piece bassically like the one piece size wise? I'm hoping it will pull me back a couple of inchs as well. Hopefully I won't have the same problem with the stitching on the one piece.
Sure looks like it. It will definitely keep the wedding tackle off of the tank From the looks of the one piece I don't think you will have a problem with the passenger seat.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
as said before mustang seats are great
have never had a problem with rider or passenger seat make sure you look into getting rider back rest will help a lot

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome from San Antonio Texas. I have the same bike. Let me know what you end up with on the seat. Thinking about changing mine out also.
Thanks! Which seat do you have on your sportster now? The pic in your sig doesn't look OE. Why are you wanting to change seats if it's not the OE one?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Which mustang is it? Vintage solo or wide solo?

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts

·
Keeper Of The Kept.
824 Posts
Thanks! Which seat do you have on your sportster now? The pic in your sig doesn't look OE. Why are you wanting to change seats if it's not the OE one?

Yes it's OE for the 105th Anniversary 2008.

·
Keeper Of The Kept.
824 Posts

Do you have this on your bike? If not, let me know and I'll tell you how to get it.

Attachments

·
Keeper Of The Kept.
824 Posts
Yep, I got the badge. Mine is 12 of 3200. So my seat is not OE. I thought it was as it matches the bike very well. It's a two tone dark brown and light brown fast back style seat.

I just bought the medallion that goes on the front fender. Can't wait till it gets here!

·
Keeper Of The Kept.
824 Posts
Yep, I got the badge. Mine is 12 of 3200. So my seat is not OE. I thought it was as it matches the bike very well. It's a two tone dark brown and light brown fast back style seat.

If that badge ever gets mangled and you need to replace it, to buy online, you'll need to send back the old one before they will sell you the new one. If it gets taked or lost, you'll have to go to the dealer with your title and ID so that they can read the vin number. Then they will order you a new one. When I got my bike it wasn't there so I had to got through the dealed. I did't even know what went in that spot. I knew something was there before because of the discoloration on the chrome. I wish there was a book that told you what is supposed to be on these bikes (emblems and medallions and such) and where they go on the bike. I didn't even know about the front fender medallion until Monday.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts